What's new

Give up on AiMesh with RT-AX88U and RT-AX92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Brockp

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AX88U and picked up the AX92U to run as AiMesh nodes using WiFi backhaul.

They connect but only on 2.4Ghz, if I force them to use 5Ghz they never connect.

not only that the AiMesh dashboard says the signal is weak even when the devices are in the same room (not what I want to do but was for testing why it was so slow/ 2.4ghz only).

Doing some digging now I see others having issues with the 92Us should I just ebay them and if so what would you recommend for an AiMesh repeater?

I have an RT-AX88U and picked up the AX92U to run as AiMesh nodes using WiFi backhaul.

They connect but only on 2.4Ghz, if I force them to use 5Ghz they never connect.

not only that the AiMesh dashboard says the signal is weak even when the devices are in the same room (not what I want to do but was for testing why it was so slow/ 2.4ghz only).

Doing some digging now I see others having issues with the 92Us should I just ebay them and if so what would you recommend for an AiMesh repeater?
Did you try the beta RC3 firmware on the AX92U? Could also be the AX88U as it is older hardware design...

I didn't even know there was Beta firmware from AsusWRT, I loaded it up on the 92U same behavior.

I tried lots of settings from different threads, I also found it annoying that Asus did not make it super clear that only one of the 5Ghz channels is AX capable, it sounded to good, one 5Hz radio for backhaul, would make the perfect AiMesh repeater but they really are not.

I think at this point I just want to ebay them off to someone who can use them standalone and try a different model for a repeater for the far end of our house.
Any recommendations?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!