What's new

Goodbye To Wi-Fi Router Classes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Appreciate the new methodology. Is there any way we can still do a Price vs Performance HEAT MAP (found it in Old Tools) for newer Devices that you test?
This has been replaced by the ranker price sort. Just click the "sort by price" link up in the header. You can do ascending and descending sorts.

Also, not sure if its therein the test TB, but Wirecutter ranked Archer C7 as their best pick and a Netgear model as their best picks (for most people). Would love it if you can dissect some of their stuff and give us theirs vs yours to help us pick.
Dissect what stuff? We've tested the original Archer C7 and the V2.

Love the new method.... Classes were ok at first but, much like you, I completely disagree with "adding" them together to get a "MEGA Class"

This has been replaced by the ranker price sort. Just click the "sort by price" link up in the header. You can do ascending and descending sorts.

And that would be this? - https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/router/view

This still gives a Single List, Not the Quadrant Graph which allowed us to pick an item at Price Point vs Quality Point we wanted.
Is there? I'd picked some stuff that way for even under 50$.
Right now PhiComm 70$ USD is cheapest on the List - No Graph/ Chart.

We've tested the original Archer C7 and the V2.
Hmm.. Maybe I did not see it at the time or find it. Let me check to see if I can find it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!