What's new

Google Nest Wifi Pro 4 pack Costco $369.99

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyways - it's a good price, but a 4-pack may be overkill... one can have too much wifi, as they can start to interfere with each other like any mesh system does...

When I was testing the Nest Wifi - two where enough to more than cover the house and yard.

Would have to check history on the Google On-Hubs, that was give an indication on how long they could be supported.
Looks to be about 7 years.

Agree about not using 4 and will probably shelve one of them or find another use somewhere else. Thanks for your input.

Looks to be about 7 years.

That sounds about right - funny thing about California - they require 7 years from when a product is introduced.

This is why Apple supports their stuff for so long before moving them from Vintage to Obsolete...

Actually I mispoke -there was the time when the Nest Home Hub got upgraded from CastOS over to Fuschia - that one I did get a notification for as it added some new capability, but also removed some capability because of the Sonos lawsuit...
Yeah, but I think they added that lost functionality back again not too long ago... ;) Wasn't it like the back/forward buttons or something ridiculous?

I was going to say something similar about the app. The notification settings (in the Home app) may need to be toggled on/off to see if the devices were updated @Viktor Jaep
Yeah, all my notifications are on... nothing in there says anything about firmware updates. Just stuff like lost connectivity... new device joining the network, etc.

The new Wifi Pro does not have speakers. I think I actually like that better for this use since they don't necessarily want the google assistant.
That was a feature I actually missed... it was nice having a bunch of extra home speakers around the house you could talk to or listen to... :)

Yeah, but I think they added that lost functionality back again not too long ago... ;) Wasn't it like the back/forward buttons or something ridiculous?

I'd have to look - but if I recall, it has to be node-by-node now or something silly like that...

That was a feature I actually missed... it was nice having a bunch of extra home speakers around the house you could talk to or listen to... :)

LOL...

LOL...
Ha... yeah, sorry... we are not an Apple family. We have zero Apple devices in the home. ;)

One thing that nobody has pointed out - Nest Pro's are also Matter hubs/bridges...

I think the Nest Pro's also have thread radio's built in, similar to Nest Hub v2 and Nest Hub Max

And if one is investing into the Nest Ecosystem...

1. Nest Doorbell - i have the wireless one, and it's honestly, the best one I've seen

2. Nest Camera - the Indoor/Outdoor with Battery - hands down, it's a winner...

Both have my strong recommendations...

Nest Home Hub - I've got the v2 version, and to be honest, it's a "meh" in my opinion - it works, and it's ok as a speaker, and somewhat limited on what you can do on it locally - I basically use it as a glorified alarm clock.

I think even google has seen the writing there by offering the new tablet with it's docking station...

And if one is investing into the Nest Ecosystem...

1. Nest Doorbell - i have the wireless one, and it's honestly, the best one I've seen

2. Nest Camera - the Indoor/Outdoor with Battery - hands down, it's a winner...

Both have my strong recommendations...

Nest Home Hub - I've got the v2 version, and to be honest, it's a "meh" in my opinion - it works, and it's ok as a speaker, and somewhat limited on what you can do on it locally - I basically use it as a glorified alarm clock.

I think even google has seen the writing there by offering the new tablet with it's docking station...

Agreed on the doorbell and cameras. They integrate nicely into the overall google ecosystem on the app. I still have some older and newer Nest cameras, and the thing that IRKS me is that the newer ones don't show up on the actual Nest app. So you have to use Google to see those (like the doorbell). I wish they would just dedicate some resources, and bring all the functionality from the Nest app over to the google home app.

I'm with you on the hubs... we only have a few of the smaller ones... I'm surprised with what you can all do with them... watch youtube videos, play games, have it give you info regarding your questions, etc. LOL yeah, we do use them as kitchen timers very frequently. Will be cool when Google Bard gets a bit more tightly integrated. I'm also very curious to see where "Matter" goes with all this. I have a few Ring spotlights I'd love to integrate at some point that haven't been converted to the Nest spotlights yet. ;)

Agreed on the doorbell and cameras. They integrate nicely into the overall google ecosystem on the app. I still have some older and newer Nest cameras, and the thing that IRKS me is that the newer ones don't show up on the actual Nest app. So you have to use Google to see those (like the doorbell). I wish they would just dedicate some resources, and bring all the functionality from the Nest app over to the google home app.

Just note that Google is realigning a lot of things in the Nest ecosystem...

Looks like the Google Home app is central, deprecating the Nest App - hopefully everything makes the jump over...

The other thing is their Nest Secure and Professional Monitoring - that is going away, they've announced this...

More details here...

Moving Nest Secure monitoring over to ADT is a good thing - that's ADT's core business

Just note that Google is realigning a lot of things in the Nest ecosystem...

Looks like the Google Home app is central, deprecating the Nest App - hopefully everything makes the jump over...

The other thing is their Nest Secure and Professional Monitoring - that is going away, they've announced this...

More details here...

Moving Nest Secure monitoring over to ADT is a good thing - that's ADT's core business
Luckily I didn't use any of these services... ;) Yeah, they've been working on deprecating the Nest app for like 2-3 years now... COME ON! It shouldn't have taken this long...

It will work well even not strategically placed. I have installed two Qualcomm based Deco sets in houses with similar requirements (set and forget, non-tech owners, easy app control) and they adapt to the environment pretty well. First about 2 hours after the installation it was a client connection havoc and then everything started working properly. One of the satellites had to be relocated in another room few weeks later and the same thing happened - some time wondering what's going and then all good. I don't get calls with questions and I don't ask any questions. Excellent home systems. :)
For curiosity sake, what are the deco units that you mentioned.

For curiosity sake, what are the deco units that you mentioned.

One Deco X60 2-pack wired and one Deco M4 2-pack wireless. They were purchased super cheap for $150 (X60) and $100 (M4). X60 owner has Gigabit ISP and wired Deco works well, AX3000-class. M4 owner has 100Mbps ISP and wireless Deco works well for him (AC1200-class). Both are App managed.

I believe both were h/w revision V3. M4 has h/w revision V4 now. Qualcomm hardware.

One Deco X60 2-pack wired and one Deco M4 2-pack wireless. They were purchased super cheap for $150 (X60) and $100 (M4). X60 owner has Gigabit ISP and wired Deco works well, AX3000-class. M4 owner has 100Mbps ISP and wireless Deco works well for him (AC1200-class). Both are App managed.

I believe both were h/w revision V3. M4 has h/w revision V4 now. Qualcomm hardware.
X60 three pack is $239.99 at Costco. I do like that it’s 4x4 instead of 2x2 the WiFi pro uses. Also like the fast roaming, meaning it supports 892.11 k v r.

Last edited:
I do like that it’s 4x4 instead of 2x2 the WiFi pro uses.

Dual-band though. You need wireless backhaul. Tri-band is perhaps better. I don't know the exact requirements.

Ah, sorry. The house has wires! In this case you don't need tri-band "mesh" system. Something like this Deco may work well.

Probably wouldn't need all four of the units that are in the pack but it can be shelved till needed. Wired backhaul too.

X60 three pack is $239.99 at Costco. I do like that it’s 4x4 instead of 2x2 the WiFi pro uses. Also like the fast roaming, meaning it supports 892.11 k v r.

Microcenter near me has it on sale, three pack $199.99. Hmmm

Microcenter near me has it on sale, three pack $199.99. Hmmm

I told you, 2-pack was like $150. :)

The only issue is - you never know what "mesh" will work better in their specific environment and with their specific clients. There will be always some guessing. What they have to know - none will provide blazing bast speeds all around the place. Products like this target the "easy button" solution customers. They work acceptably well and provide Wi-Fi. If it works for $200 - bingo! The App is good, perhaps more settings than Google Nest Wifi.

Firmware support will expire in about 2 years so no automatic updates. :D