What's new

GS724T v4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark070

Regular Contributor
So, I am about to acquire a NetGear GS724Tv4 switch for free. Right now, I run a pure Unifi stack (UDM-Base, with 2 switches (8 port POE) and 1 AP).
I see this switch is slightly older compared to today's standards - although looks plenty good still. The previous owner (small business) moved to USG and purely Unifi stack. (Ironic).

My long term goal is to dump the UDM-Base and go with something else (though not for at least 1-2 years).

My house is simple, we are older and there are only two of us and we run a simple network. Do I keep this switch and play around with it? Or tell the previous owner to sell it make some money for themselves.

Just lookin for some thoughts, thanks in advance!

Rule #1, don't bring down a running system.

Rule #2, don't give up free stuff!

I would say 'thank you' to your benefactor and use the gifted switch to compare to what you now have. And, if you don't find it superior sell it then. Either way, a nice lunch/dinner for your friend is in order. :)

So, I am about to acquire a NetGear GS724Tv4 switch for free. Right now, I run a pure Unifi stack (UDM-Base, with 2 switches (8 port POE) and 1 AP).
I see this switch is slightly older compared to today's standards - although looks plenty good still. The previous owner (small business) moved to USG and purely Unifi stack. (Ironic).

My long term goal is to dump the UDM-Base and go with something else (though not for at least 1-2 years).

My house is simple, we are older and there are only two of us and we run a simple network. Do I keep this switch and play around with it? Or tell the previous owner to sell it make some money for themselves.

Just lookin for some thoughts, thanks in advance!

I have GS724T v4. It works so great and stable. Use it as an unmanaged switch with factory default setup if you have many devices or don't need to manage the network with a switch. It works as un unmanaged switch if you don't setup anything. How about LACP? LACP works great too.

I used to have a GS724T v2 though. I was very happy with it. Silent, fast, no-nonsense. I replaced it just because i had a need for POE+ to feed my WAP571 AP's.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!