What's new

GT-AC5300 Mesh WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

turbosl2

Occasional Visitor
I recently added a 2nd node to my WIFI mesh system and recently while watching TV it will freeze every so often. I pulled the router log and this is what I am seeing. I just don’t know why! Doubtful it is because I added another node. It did seem to fix itself but it took a few minutes of waiting.

Thoughts?

21:59 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly

ED243558-5CB0-4E80-A7ED-98D959523561.jpeg
31FF3926-2B1E-4957-B3DE-228743D1162F.jpeg

The router lost connection to the device connected to its WAN port. That device is typically a cable modem or similar. Connectivity was reestablished 25 seconds later. This behaviour is usually seen when the modem reboots itself - perhaps because of ISP issues. Alternatively it could be a faulty cable connection between the router and the modem.

The router lost connection to the device connected to its WAN port. That device is typically a cable modem or similar. Connectivity was reestablished 25 seconds later. This behaviour is usually seen when the modem reboots itself - perhaps because of ISP issues. Alternatively it could be a faulty cable connection between the router and the modem.
Thank you. I will call my ISP. All seems good on my end

My ISP spectrum says all is good with the modem and it’s the latest one. Signals are within acceptable range but on the lower end. Sending someone tomorrow to look but I am not holding my breath. Doesn’t seem like the problem but who am I

You would really have to log into the modem and look back at its logs for clues as to what the problem was. It's quite common for transitory issues to occur. So unless your ISP did that of course they're going to say "I see no problem" because there isn't one now.

You would really have to log into the modem and look back at its logs for clues as to what the problem was. It's quite common for transitory issues to occur. So unless your ISP did that of course they're going to say "I see no problem" because there isn't one now.
Oh I am sure! They said they looked and all looked good! I know exactly what your saying. My normal mentality is everyone is an idiot and the forums are my go to! If only someone on any forum worked for the company’s we would have a complete circle of information. Instead they hire dumbos and don’t make it easy to get the information us intelligent people need to figure the problems out

Thank for the help. The issue has been resolved. My ISP put a new end on my main line (small burn due to lightning strike) and replaced my modem with the lastest. This issue no longer appears in my router log and it has been stable for 2 days

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!