What's new

GT-AC5300 will not support new merlin code?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gregh

Regular Contributor
Hi guys, new to after market firmware and I am seeing that merlin is recommended for the ac5300 router as a replacement to the ASUS stock firmware, but I have a GT-AC5300 router and I saw that the merlin sw is not recommended for my model? is that correct? I also have a asus rt-86u that is meshed with the gt-ac5300 router.

Thanks, Greg

No, there is no RMerlin support for GT models.

You can still test Merlin on your RT-AC86U.

What advantage would that give me? since this router is meshed with my ac5300 (my main router) I thought the mesh router is "taken over" by the main one and it is controlled by the main router?

No, there is no RMerlin support for GT models.
is there anyone else that has other firmware for the GT models? I liked some of the feature that merlin would give me, disappointed that the high end router has no support

is there anyone else that has other firmware for the GT models? I liked some of the feature that merlin would give me, disappointed that the high end router has no support

Not seen any, no.

The support isn't there because the hardware and software are entirely different to the RT-AC models, it would mean far too much work for Merlin to run another firmware branch.