What's new

GT-AX11000 DHCP option 61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zeek88

New Around Here
Good evening All,

My apologies if this is listed somewhere but i have searched and am unable to find my answer.

I Recently purchased a GT-AX11000 but unfortunately i have sky as an ISP, my intention is to switch to virgin when available but even though the works have been carried out on my street (around 9 months ago) they cannot give me a service live date for my application.

long story short i currently have a very expensive, very large angry looking paperweight.

i've researched how i can sort this and the consensus seems to be that the GT-ax11000 does not support DHCP option 61, i have managed to ssh onto my router and can see that busybox is running, this leads me to believe that surely i can implant the required commands via ssh into a file to complete this verification.

there is also the option to upload a custom config file to my router but alas this model is not merlin compatible.

I'm not sure what i should put where to make this happen, so i'm reaching out with the hope that a better mind than mine can help me solve this.

Many thanks
Zeek

Thanks Colin, that helps massively, please forgive my ignorance but what are the implications of writing this to NVRAM?

Is this change persistent through reboots and should i need to reverse the change would a factory reset do the trick?

also would the vendor ID fields be required as my understanding is that these relate to option 60 and therefore not relevant is that correct?

Many thanks
Zeek

Thanks Colin, that helps massively, please forgive my ignorance but what are the implications of writing this to NVRAM?

Is this change persistent through reboots and should i need to reverse the change would a factory reset do the trick?

also would the vendor ID fields be required as my understanding is that these relate to option 60 and therefore not relevant is that correct?

Many thanks
Zeek

ok that was a dumb question i was able to find merlins FAQ on NVRAM and this states that a factory reset would sort me out if needed.

Many thanks for you direction Colin, much appreciated :)

Kind regards
Zeek

Yes, updating these variables in NVRAM would be persistent. I don't know whether those variable changes are applicable to your router model though, so I would check that they exist and what their current values are. For example,
Code:
# nvram show | grep wan.*_clientid_type
wan_clientid_type=0
wan1_clientid_type=0
wan0_clientid_type=0

# nvram show | grep wan.*_vendorid
wan_vendorid=
wan0_vendorid=
wan1_vendorid=

If you need to remove your changes a factory reset would work, but it's much simpler to change the variable back to what it was before, e.g.
Code:
nvram set wan0_clientid=""
nvram commit

I don't know whether the vendor ID is required because I'm not a Sky customer.

Well we're up and running, massive thankyou Colin for your assistance!

One point that may help guide future users is that the ssh session must be input with the wan connected and the last 2 lines that detail the sky router model and mac are not required.

Many thanks
Zeek

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!