What's new

GT-AX11000 - Hardwired upload speeds to desktop lags, download speed maxes and wifi6 upload and download max - any ideas?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JDD-RT5300

Occasional Visitor
I have a GTAX11000. I run Dual WAN, load balanced 1:1. I have two modems, Comcast and ATT fiber, both 1 gig down, Comcast 40mbps up, ATT 1 gig up. One that goes into WAN port and one that goes into LAN1.

Both are on pass through/bridge. GTAX GUI speed test shows full speeds on upload and download. Get 1800mbps down and nearly 1 gig up. I then have a Cat 8 cable running from 2.5GB port to my desktop (3 feet away) to a 10G Asus NIC.

I get full speed downloading when running speed test, but my upload never goes above 220mbps.

I have messed with every setting in the adapter I can think of, but not good enough at networking to figure out what is slowing down the upload speed. There are a lot of smart people on here and wondering if any one had some ideas try. I don't know where and why there is a slowdown nor how to fix it.

I can give more information to any questions. Asus tech support is basically useless. Thanks in advance!

Good question - I'm not, I use the speedtest.net app for windows 10 desktop. I have also used chrome on speedtest.net and fast.com - upload all the same and confirmed by monitoring traffic flow on glasswire.

I would test the ASUS router directly connected to the ATT ISP Modem/ONT, no load balancing or anything else in the middle. Then test upload speeds with the Ooklas speed test app in Windows....

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?
What FW version are you using?

Yes. Firmware doesn't seem to be the issue because each firmware update has the same problem. Maybe it is a setting in windows or NIC since speed comes through fine via speed test on the router gui. The issue must be between desktop NIC and 2.5gb port of router, just not sure how to diagnose it or what to do at this point.

The firmware I am currently running is: 3.0.0.4.386_41700

I would try a different PC or adapter to see if it continues. If it does, I would make contact with ASUS about.

Ya, Sorry about that.

Something I thought of to see if you can see if the uplink is working right nor not, you'll need two wired PCs, you might try this:

Instead of testing the WAN to LAN you'll be switching it around to test the LAN to WAN...I believe this will work...

OK. I will take a look. Thank you.

There must be some way to test the line up and down speed? would iperf3 work or any other diagnostic software. I've basically figured out the point in the network where the slow occurs, just need to figure out how to fix it.

Yes also try iPerf3 the up speeds should be the same as the down speeds I believe.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!