What's new

GT-AX11000 -> No 160 Mhz on 5Ghz-2?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. Does 5Ghz-2 band not support 160 Mhz? Please see the attached image. I have 160 Mhz appearing only on 5Ghz-1.

5-Ghz-Bands.png

160 Mhz isn't available on 5Ghz-2 channel bandwidth dropdown as well.

Allow the DFS channels, click apply, then check again. won't get 160mhz in the upper band without dfs afaik.

Allow the DFS channels, click apply, then check again. won't get 160mhz in the upper band without dfs afaik.

I did check "Auto select channel including DFS channels" and pressed Apply. But after returning back to this menu, it was still unchecked. Tried it various times, yet it remains unchecked.

Update: I got it enabled after changing my region.

Last edited:
Another question. If I have channel bandwidth set to 160 Mhz, then only wifi 6 compatible devices will be able to connect with it? No older devices will connect to it? Right?

Another question. If I have channel bandwidth set to 160 Mhz, then only wifi 6 compatible devices will be able to connect with it? No older devices will connect to it? Right?
Incorrect, older devices will able to join as well, however they won't be able to take advantage of 160 Mhz, they will use 80Mhz or 40 or even 20 depending on device drivers and device capabilities.

Incorrect, older devices will able to join as well, however they won't be able to take advantage of 160 Mhz, they will use 80Mhz or 40 or even 20 depending on device drivers and device capabilities.

Please see the attached images. I have set bandwidth of both 5Ghz bands to 160 Mhz. But now none of my devices are connecting to them. All are connected to 2.4 Ghz.

Wifi Settings:

IMG-4696.jpg

Connected Devices:

IMG-4697.jpg

Please see the attached images. I have set bandwidth of both 5Ghz bands to 160 Mhz. But now none of my devices are connecting to them. All are connected to 2.4 Ghz.

Wifi Settings:

IMG-4696.jpg

Connected Devices:

IMG-4697.jpg

I should have been more specific it has to be 20/40/80/160 for it to work and auto select. If you force 160 mhz, then I expect behavior you seeing. Also if you don't have any devices yet there is no point of 160. I would leave on auto and let router and client negotiate how wide bandwidth they want to use.

Last edited:
I should have been more specific it has to be 20/40/80/160 for it to work and auto select. If you force 160 mhz, then I expect behavior you seeing. Also if you don't have any devices yet there is no point of 160. I would leave on auto and let router and client negotiate how wide bandwidth they want to use.

Okay thanks.

Wifi5 can support 160MHz like Intel AC 9260, but most wont.
If you checked 160MHz it will allow it, but still gives clients the option to use only 20/40/80 as they can.

On ch. 149-165 there are only 5 channels, so you cant get 160MHz as it needs 8 channels, 36-64 or 100-128!

Last edited:
I have the same problem, unable to get "Auto select channel including DFS channels" checkbox to stick, and can only have 20/40/80 on 5GHz-2. How did you get around this?

I have the same problem, unable to get "Auto select channel including DFS channels" checkbox to stick, and can only have 20/40/80 on 5GHz-2. How did you get around this?

Under Wireless->Professional, I changed my location to United States and 160 Mhz started to work for 5Ghz-2. Also, needed to select channel 100 manually.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!