What's new

GT-AX11000 wifi 5Ghz change channel on its own

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gilad29

New Around Here
Hello,

I have GT-AX11000 router , and i have setup the wifi 5-2 to work on channel 100 with 80Mhz and its not staying at this channel for long.
It keeps changing my channels to 108, 132 and 112. and every time it makes my card to work at 40Mhz which drops my speed in half. (1201Mb to 574Mb).
It dosen't matter if i reset my card and changing channels my card always changed to 40Mhz.
Sometimes when i reboot my router or uninstall and reinstall my card it change back to 80Mhz and drops to 40Mhz after a few minutes.
I have own RT-AX88U before upgrading to this model and it never force my card to work at 40Mhz.

My wifi card is : Intel AX200 driver 21.110.1.1
OS is : windows 10 Pro build 19041
Router fw: 3.0.0.4.384_9566

Is someone ever saw this behavior?
What can I do to solve this?

Use a manual Control Channel. Don't use Auto.

It also seems like your area is in radar territory. In that case, don't use DFS channels. Use up to Control Channel 48 in the lower band and above Control Channel 149.

Make sure to reboot afterward and wait 10 minutes or so before testing it properly.

Thanks for your kind replay L&LD,
I am using manual channel not auto prob. there is radar in my area.
I can choose channels 100-140 on WIFI 5-2 and channels 36-64 on WIFI 5-1 .
Its Europe router.
Is 80Mhz also affected by radar with this channel are chosen?
If i will buy American router like RT-AX88U i will get wider range of non DFS channels?

Sorry, other members who are familiar with European restrictions will need to reply. I don't think it is a good idea to buy a router from another jurisdiction. Not only you may be breaking the law by operating it in your country, but you may have issues with your client devices too (they may simply not be able to connect at all).

Hello,

I have GT-AX11000 router , and i have setup the wifi 5-2 to work on channel 100 with 80Mhz and its not staying at this channel for long.
It keeps changing my channels to 108, 132 and 112. and every time it makes my card to work at 40Mhz which drops my speed in half. (1201Mb to 574Mb).
It dosen't matter if i reset my card and changing channels my card always changed to 40Mhz.
Sometimes when i reboot my router or uninstall and reinstall my card it change back to 80Mhz and drops to 40Mhz after a few minutes.
I have own RT-AX88U before upgrading to this model and it never force my card to work at 40Mhz.

My wifi card is : Intel AX200 driver 21.110.1.1
OS is : windows 10 Pro build 19041
Router fw: 3.0.0.4.384_9566

Is someone ever saw this behavior?
What can I do to solve this?

You could try the latest driver version, that is 21.120.0.
Your version, i.e. 21.110.1, was quickly removed from the Intel website ...
Also, the 21.110.1 did not want to install on a few of my computers running AX200 cards.
However, it's currently running on one of them - a laptop - which has no problem at all connecting to my Archer AX11000 on 160 MHz, with full 2,4 Gbps support.
BTW Your Windows build seems a bit strange ... some kind of preview version, right?

Sorry, other members who are familiar with European restrictions will need to reply. I don't think it is a good idea to buy a router from another jurisdiction. Not only you may be breaking the law by operating it in your country, but you may have issues with your client devices too (they may simply not be able to connect at all).
Most Asus routers have region setting. No matter where you buy your Asus router from. You can still can change its setting to match your country regulations. (I bought my AX86U from China but I use it in Thailand using US region setting without any problem because Thailand WIFI regulation is identical to US.)
Untitled-1 copy.png

Not all Regions have that Region setting in the professional tab.

The routers sold in the US (and Canada) do not have this option.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!