What's new

GT-AX6000 Discontinued?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

silentknyght

New Around Here
I purchased the GT-AX6000 router (actually, two of them) just earlier this year, and I stumbled upon an Asus "supportonly" page for this router while looking for a firmware update:

In my prior experience, the "supportonly" page appears (only) when Asus discontinues the product, and firmware updates/support become virtually non-existent. This is worrisome, as the routers were expensive... and no, there hasn't been a firmware update in many months, which doesn't seem promising.

Anyone know whether any of this is true?

No idea really. But Asus has the normal webpage still up:
And it's still being sold in the Asus US and UK stores.

On the EOL list it's still being shown as a "recommended" replacement for certain old models.

Highly unlikely. The later released non-ROG version RT-AX88U Pro is almost the same hardware device.

Not true.
Try this instead.
https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-model/helpdesk_bios/
Screenshot 2023-11-27 212926.png

Well, that's more encouraging I suppose... but the firmware listed there still seems much older than I remember seeing with my (now obsolete) RT-AC68U.
It could be the GT-AX6000 EVA Edition. B&H and Amazon had a Black Friday special for $249 ($200 off). Then last night, it looks to be discontinued (the regular GT-AX6000 is still on sale). This is my guess. I did jump in to get the EVA edition for this deal. Something about this limited edition model of the venerable GT-AX6000 is appealing. I hope it works out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!