What's new

Solved GT-AX6000 fine tuning after initial setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

john385

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone!

Got the GT-AX6000 up and running yesterday.
Running ASUS stock firmware (for now).

Is there a recommended post-initial setup guide for fine tuning optimization?
Got everything set up, but Wireless Advanced settings look daunting (especially the Professional tab or whatever its called).
ie.
- I don’t have any AX devices in the house (yet), so can I optimize anything for WiFi in that regard besides turning the AX function off (which I did)
- Why does Guest WiFi on “slot 1” have no access to the Internet but Guest WiFi on slots 2 and 3 do? o_O

Thanks,

There is no universal optimal settings. Fine tuning is according to your unique Wi-Fi environment. If you don't know what the settings in Wireless Professional do, leave them on default. GN1 is different, used for AiMesh GN to nodes. Better use GN2, if you have one router only. Keep the router on stock Asuswrt, if you don't need advanced VPN configurations or plan to use Custom Scripts. New code base 388 stock Asuswrt has many Asuswrt-Merlin features built-in. It will be available for your router by the end of the year.

Preview Asuswrt 2022:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!