What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I installed today the router which arrived from AMAZON.DE. Everything went smooth , also updated to latest asus firmware. I have separate wifi for each band but it seems that 6Ghz is not seen by any of my devices:
MI11 Ultra, AX210 (tried also with old driver) , S22 Ultra. In wireless log it seems that the wifi is active on 6Ghz. My region is EU (Romania). What can be done in this case?

I installed today the router which arrived from AMAZON.DE. Everything went smooth , also updated to latest asus firmware. I have separate wifi for each band but it seems that 6Ghz is not seen by any of my devices:
MI11 Ultra, AX210 (tried also with old driver) , S22 Ultra. In wireless log it seems that the wifi is active on 6Ghz. My region is EU (Romania). What can be done in this case?

Try all 6.0 channels?

OE

Try all 6.0 channels?

OE
Yes and also tried smart connect. Wireless log:
noise: -93 dBmChannel: 6g85/160
BSSID: A0:36:BC:61:42:B0Capability: ESS RRM
Supported Rates: [ 6(b) 9 12 18 24(b) 36 48 54 ]
HE Capable:
Chanspec: 6GHz channel 79 160MHz (0x6d4f)
Primary channel: 85
HT Capabilities: 40Mhz SGI20 SGI40
Supported HT MCS :
Supported HE MCS:
80 Mhz:
NSS1 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS2 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS3 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
NSS4 Tx: 0-11 Rx: 0-11
160 Mhz:

Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode: AP Only

Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time

"
noise: -93 dBm Channel: 6g85/160
BSSID: A0:36:BC:61:42:B0 Capability: ESS RRM
Supported Rates: [ 6(b) 9 12 18 24(b) 36 48 54 ]
HE Capable:
Chanspec: 6GHz channel 79 160MHz (0x6d4f)
Primary channel: 85
HT Capabilities: 40Mhz SGI20 SGI40
Supported HT MCS :
Supported HE MCS:
80 Mhz:
160 Mhz:

Interference Level: Acceptable
Mode : AP Only

Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Auth

Still no 388 firmware, right?

Don’t want to torture myself by spending a lot on a new router, and then having to wait months for the firmware release.

Still no 388 firmware, right?

Don’t want to torture myself by spending a lot on a new router, and then having to wait months for the firmware release.
mine is working like a champ with 386.8

I have AT&T fiber 2000/2000. Gateway is the BGW320 and I'm using IP passthrough to the GT-AXE16000.

AT&T gateway is plugged into the 2.5Gb WAN port. My PC is plugged into the 10Gb LAN port. NIC is a trendnet 2.5Gb USB model plugged into a USB 3.0 hub.

Speedtest shows over 2300/2300. Latest firmware installed.
Can u explain where your 2.5gb USB goes in this. Is it BGW320 to AXE16000 2.5 WAN, Then the 2.5GB USB to 10gb port in PC or? I guess I am confused what your layout uses. I am stuck and capped at 1gb up/down with 2gb plan so not sure what I am doing wrong. I have BGW320 5gb port to AXE16000 2.5GB wan, then router to 10gb port PC mobo.

It seems that 6Ghz band is not approved yet in Romania, and that is what ASUS support said. Merlin fw has also this country limitation?

Merlin fw has also this country limitation?
Yes, and so does your laptop, phone, tablet, etc...

Both ends need to have 6 GHz enabled by the local regulatory body, not just the router.

I have had zero issues with my AIMesh config. 16000 main router, three AX86U nodes, wireless backhaul. I’m covering a lot of distance and walls between units. Approx 100’ on different levels.
Did you setup everything as usual or any changes in configuration?

The thing is we have few devices that need to connect to internet with cable, that's why I got 3x nodes around the house. It's not about the signal.

And yet it's not working for you. Maybe you have too much signal in too little space.

OE

Upload speed is still nerfed on the latest official firmware on the 2.5G WAN port. Nearly 4 months in and the router doesn't fundamentally function correctly. I'm not sure if others with this issue have found solutions or jumped ship to other/better routers. If anyone has any advice, please share. Customer service has been incompetent and as useless as ever.

So .388 got released today for the AX86U. Hoping that it will also go live for the AXE16000 soon…and maybe fix the upload issue with the 2.5Gb port with it.

I'm getting 10Gbps internet in the next few months (thanks sonic.com - 10Gbps for US$30/month!) and I'm looking for a router with at least two 10GbE or SFP+ ports that can handle the traffic. I've been considering MikroTik's CCR series, but recently found out about the Asus GT-AXE16000.

Has anyone here tried it with a 10Gbps internet connection? I don't expect it to route + NAT at full wire speed, but does it get close? Some other routers with 10GbE or SFP+ ports can only achieve 3-5Gbps routing due to the CPU not being powerful enough.

I'm getting 10Gbps internet in the next few months (thanks sonic.com - 10Gbps for US$30/month!) and I'm looking for a router with at least two 10GbE or SFP+ ports that can handle the traffic. I've been considering MikroTik's CCR series, but recently found out about the Asus GT-AXE16000.

Has anyone here tried it with a 10Gbps internet connection? I don't expect it to route + NAT at full wire speed, but does it get close? Some other routers with 10GbE or SFP+ ports can only achieve 3-5Gbps routing due to the CPU not being powerful enough.
Doesn’t that also depend on protocol used too though? Pppoe I hear is less efficient than dhcp, not sure which sonic isp used

I'm on 10Gbps fiber broadband but on an active optical network though, so there's no ONT/modem in-between.

I couldn't get more than 2.6Gbps wired ul/dl speeds on Ookla out of either of the 10G ports unless I turned off the AiProtection suite. Returned both units as my older RT-AX89X could give me close to 10Gbps wired speeds with threat protection enabled so I stuck with it.

You can check out this thread. RMerlin tested the 10G interfaces of the AXE16000 via iperf.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!