What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone else run into the issue of the 10Gbps ports not working after rebooting the AXE16000?
Works for me. I have a 2.5 Gbps switch plugged to one, and my NAS (2.5 Gbps) to the other one.

Flashed the BETA bios and was having weird connectivity issues. Reverted back to Merlin's 388.1

Hey there, first post after finding this thread. I have 5 gig fiber and can see that using the 10 Gig ports on my 16000 is slower than plugging my computer directly into my fiber gateway. The gateway connects at 5 Gbps to my PC and my PC connects at 10 Gbps to the 16000 but both upload and download are a fair amount slower this way.

PC connected to the gateway

YrfykLr.jpg

Gateway connected via a 10 Gbps port with the PC connected to the other 10 Gbps port.

JHawvD6.jpg

You perhaps already know the existence of 10GbE ports doesn't necessarily mean hardware 10Gb capable. It depends on what options you have enabled in firmware. The CPU is capable of processing about 400Mbps only. All the rest is NAT acceleration techniques implemented in hardware and software.

Welcome to the forums @Ominous.

Nice ISP speeds!

Have you tried leaving the ONT powered off for 10 minutes or more before you connect, and power on, the router?

What features, options or other customizations have been used on the router?

A full reset to factory defaults may be needed here. (And, afterward, a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP).

Welcome to the forums @Ominous.

Nice ISP speeds!

Have you tried leaving the ONT powered off for 10 minutes or more before you connect, and power on, the router?

What features, options or other customizations have been used on the router?

A full reset to factory defaults may be needed here. (And, afterward, a minimal and manual configuration of the router to secure it and connect to your ISP).

Factory reset / 10 min power off on the ONT seems to have helped. Getting over 4 Gbps in speed test now to the PC.

I know that the QOS would slow things down, so I've had that disabled. Not sure what else I might have turned on but it seems to be running good now, with the beta firmware.

What QoS on 5Gbps up/down ISP? :)

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22237

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed multi-language GUI bugs
2. Improved system stability

and intruduces new bugs, nat type is missing cant select full cone or symetric

nat type is missing cant select full cone or symetric
It's not missing, the setting was removed because it never even worked on that model. Broadcom didn't implement it on the kernel 4.19 used by that model, only in previous models that were running on kernel 4.1.

Just wanted to say.. came from a RT-AX89X and I'm really enjoying the GT-AXE16000.. Especially because of merlin's support but also in general tbh. Also can't believe there was a larger router than the RT-AX89X lol.. When I opened the box it was pretty amazing..

Installed Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22237 on 7thDec2023. Dual WAN fallback now works - yay!:eek::eek::eek:. AiMesh also came back super quick, usually takes time to sync up but its very quick - like it was when I had the AX11000. GoodStuff.
Uploaded firmware manually instead of upgrade via GUI auto download.

Installed Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22237 on 7thDec2023. Dual WAN fallback now works - yay!:eek::eek::eek:. AiMesh also came back super quick, usually takes time to sync up but its very quick - like it was when I had the AX11000. GoodStuff.
Uploaded firmware manually instead of upgrade via GUI auto download.
Anyone having any issues with the new firmware? Is it a solid update or a usual suspect?

2x GT-AXE16000s are superior to 2x XT12s, on paper.

What are your specific requirements? Those are what would (better) indicate one model or another.

I live a big house and I need to send 4k full fat video from one side of the house to the other. The axe16000 is massive but I don't think it's has better wifi range than the xt12?

That's not nearly descriptive enough to offer any suggestions.

I live a big house and I need to send 4k full fat video from one side of the house to the other. The axe16000 is massive but I don't think it's has better wifi range than the xt12?
I'll be honest with you.. If your moving large video files around wired would always be best but it would be best to state how large we talking of a house and how many walls are between the two. Appliances and metal would also be a good idea to mention.

The routers are 15 metres apart with many walls and one floor between them. I do not want to run a 15m ethernet cable. No appliance ad metal are in the way.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!