What's new

GT-BE98 WIFI 7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the perks of being an early adopter... (i remember my first year with mk rb4011, marketed as AC 160mhz... oh, the horror! the horror!)
i'll go back to 33001 soon, 33570 is pretty unstable. all IoT are crying. even the tv was going berserk, being connected both wired and wireless

the perks of being an early adopter... (i remember my first year with mk rb4011, marketed as AC 160mhz... oh, the horror! the horror!)
i'll go back to 33001 soon, 33570 is pretty unstable. all IoT are crying. even the tv was going berserk, being connected both wired and wireless
Hmmm I’ve been on it for 5 days or so. No stability problems here although I have not been looking for them.

I have noticed that 33570 is not available for online installation in the GUI, should we read something into that?
(I did not test the beta-button.)

While I am troubleshooting my GT-AX11000, I was doing some research and am considering upgrading to a GT-BE98 Pro.
I currently have 1Gbps symmetrical Internet, soon to be upgraded to 2Gbps symmetrical. A good mix of 2.4, 5, and 6GHz devices & few hardwired clients.
At the moment, I have 3 SSIDs (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 (AC), and 5GHz-2 (AX)). Will it work to setup 4 SSIDs on the GT-BE98 Pro segmented as follows:

SSID1: 2.4GHz (IoTs: robot vacuum, cameras, lights, air conditioners etc.)
SSID2: 5GHz (aging 5GHz AC devices: iPad, Alexa hubs, HP laptop etc.)
SSID3: 6GHz (newer 6e AX devices: iPhone 15Pros, 4th gen 11' iPad Pros, 2023 MacBook Pros etc.)
SSID4: 6 GHz (eventually WiFi 7 AX devices: iPhone XX, iPad XX, MacBook XX etc.)

Looking to maintain 4 separate SSIDs so I can allocate clients according to their connection capabilities.

While I am troubleshooting my GT-AX11000, I was doing some research and am considering upgrading to a GT-BE98 Pro.
I currently have 1Gbps symmetrical Internet, soon to be upgraded to 2Gbps symmetrical. A good mix of 2.4, 5, and 6GHz devices & few hardwired clients.
At the moment, I have 3 SSIDs (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 (AC), and 5GHz-2 (AX)). Will it work to setup 4 SSIDs on the GT-BE98 Pro segmented as follows:

SSID3: 6GHz (newer 6e AX devices: iPhone 15Pros, 4th gen 11' iPad Pros, 2023 MacBook Pros etc.)
SSID4: 6 GHz (eventually WiFi 7 AX devices: iPhone XX, iPad XX, MacBook XX etc.)

Looking to maintain 4 separate SSIDs so I can allocate clients according to their connection capabilities.
Yup that's pretty much how I have mine setup. Separate each SSID for different devices. All my cameras and IOT devices are working great. Signal is awesome too.

Does all apple devices (on 6ghz) needed the router to set the same SSID for all bands?In order for them to work correctly? Thx

Does all apple devices (on 6ghz) needed the router to set the same SSID for all bands?In order for them to work correctly? Thx
No it’s not required. If your Apple device is WiFi 6E (6 GHz) compatible, it will connect to it automatically.

i have read some where that there will be a warning massage in the iphone/ipad connected to 6 ghz if all bands are not set to same ssid… i may be wrong

i have read some where that there will be a warning massage in the iphone/ipad connected to 6 ghz if all bands are not set to same ssid… i may be wrong
I definitely got the warning message. I connected anyway and it worked fine. Warning was about homekit and airplay possibly not working correctly.

I had this router in my bag at the Asus store a few minutes ago and decide that I should come back here and see what the current owners say. I think that I'll wait for BB or Amazon to get it in stock before I buy so I can get an extended warranty.

I definitely got the warning message. I connected anyway and it worked fine. Warning was about homekit and airplay possibly not working correctly.
In my device, wont work homepods dont let me control if conect to wifi 6ghz, just let me control if stay in 5ghz

U mean your iPhone needed to be connected to the 5Ghz in Oder for the HomePods to work?

Shouldn't matter - Homepods, like anything that supports AirPlay does AWDL as point to point - it's a direct link from the HomePod to the iPhone

Shouldn't matter - Homepods, like anything that supports AirPlay does AWDL as point to point - it's a direct link from the HomePod to the iPhone
Thx, but the connection btw the iPhone and HomePod is via a different connection?

Thx, but the connection btw the iPhone and HomePod is via a different connection?

It's been my experience that it doesn't matter for AirPlay if the devices are in direct view of each other - your mileage may vary, but I've done AirPlay from iPhone on one network (my test WAN/WLAN/LAN) to a ATV 4K on my primary network with no issues...

You may have it locally, but still currently unavailable.

You may have it locally, but still currently unavailable.
Currently in stock and available to ship at Canada Computers. So, it is available.

EDIT: for clarification, the GT-BE98U is only available in Europe/Asian markets, while the GT-BE98U_PRO is only available in America. This is due to each model supporting different band frequencies.

"The Wi-Fi 7 features are not currently available because of pending OS (Windows 11*) support. As a result, after installing the drivers, the Intel® Wi-Fi 7 products function with Wi-Fi 6E capabilities on Windows 11*." - newest Intel drivers says.
Why I even bother? :))) - at least until Windows 11 24H2... "Windows 11 version 24H2 will be the first version with Wi-Fi 7 compatibility." - windowscentral says.
An"yway, my router seems to be stable, with bi-weekly restarts. Some IOT, ESP8266-based, are in trouble reconnecting (could be a Tasmota FW issue), problem solved with another router restart.

Last edited:
I've been testing out the smart connect feature combing the 5ghz + 6ghz-1 + 6ghz-2. Been working far better than I expected, quiet impressive actually. The band steering works flawlessly. It almost feels like I am on both 5ghz and 6ghz band in same time getting excellent range and speed even though I am only using a galaxy s22 ultra for now. Once I get some wifi 7 devices it will be far more interesting test and when MLO and AFC are available. Even not using the smart connect feature and making the SSID the same for all 3 bands results in similar great performance. I guess the smart connect feature just has some band steering trickery up its sleeves that works good. Will be fun to see the firmware updates roll out soon hopefully! 😁