What's new

Guest for IOT devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jordie

New Around Here
Created a guest ssid for my smart home devices. Works great as long as I allow intranet access. However allowing intranet also allows guest devices to access my main ssid devices. Separating them was the whole point. Well most of it. Disallowing intranet on the guest causes some devices to malfunction. Mostly my room speakers. It also prevents me from configuring them even when on the guest ssid.
What I need is a way to allow guest devices access to the internet and each other but not devices on the main.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

RT-AC86U Merlin 384.18

Thanks

Yazfi does what you are looking for.
Works great for me.
iot devices have internet but not intranet and i have them isolated from the other iot on the same ssid.
I can initiate access from the lan to the iot network but not initiate from iot to intranet.
Created a guest ssid for my smart home devices. Works great as long as I allow intranet access. However allowing intranet also allows guest devices to access my main ssid devices. Separating them was the whole point. Well most of it. Disallowing intranet on the guest causes some devices to malfunction. Mostly my room speakers. It also prevents me from configuring them even when on the guest ssid.
What I need is a way to allow guest devices access to the internet and each other but not devices on the main.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

RT-AC86U Merlin 384.18

Thanks

Exactly, YazFi works wonders here.