What's new

Has anyone played with RaspAP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
dashboard.png
"RaspAP is feature-rich wireless router software that just works on many popular Debian-based devices, including the Raspberry Pi. Customizable, mobile-friendly interface in 20+ languages. Sets up in minutes."

Has anyone taken it for a spin?

No but looks interesting. Wonder if it would run on my old RT-N66U

Is your RT-N66U running a Debian OS?
No it's sitting in a box of old tech doing nothing, I believe it is possible with debian wheezy or jessie arm on better routers. I might be wrong.

"RaspAP is feature-rich wireless router software that just works on many popular Debian-based devices, including the Raspberry Pi. Customizable, mobile-friendly interface in 20+ languages. Sets up in minutes."

Interesting - somebody has put some effort into this work.

Note that OpenWRT runs just fine on the RPi's...

Guys, back on topic please. I've moved the security related posts to another thread.

What would be involved in using open-wrt installed on a pi and configure it as an access point?

that seems better to me than the pi ap - I looked at it but didn’t think it was what I want.

I came across this project few months back, and really wanted to give it a try as I have couple of rpi sitting idle. Problem is I was not able to come up with a use case. And also Openwrt already supports pi so even if I ever come up with a use case, I'll probably try openwrt first.