What's new

Having Speed issues with Asus gt-ax11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I upgraded my Asus GT-AX11000 with the latest firmware and my wireless speed dropped to a 3rd of befre. So now around 300Mb/s. Should I roll back to previous firmware?
I had the same problem. Got 1/3 of the Comcast speed. I did everything. Read somewhere that you have to have the last firmware installed, as of today, that's 3.0.0.4.384_7979. Then goto the Administration - Restore / Save / Tab and select Factory Default and put a check mark in front of Initalize all the settings. Then connect only 1 PC to the back of the AX-GT11000 and try Speedtest. Sure enough, I'm now getting 950Mbps down again. :)

Hello ... just wondering if this problem was ever resolved? Just purchased an Asus GT-AX11000 and I've got the same issue. Downloading around 300Mbps, double that (600+) for upload. I'm on GB fiber and with a direct Ethernet connection I get ~950 down/800 up. Latest (384_7979) firmware.

Any help / suggestions / references, much appreciated!

Chris.

Chris - I had the same problem. Got 1/3 of the Comcast speed. I did everything. Read somewhere that you have to have the last firmware installed, as of today, that's 3.0.0.4.384_7979. Then goto the Administration - Restore / Save / Tab and select Factory Default and put a check mark in front of Initalize all the settings. Then connect only 1 PC to the back of the AX-GT11000 and try Speedtest. Sure enough, I'm now getting 950Mbps down again. :)

@coolbeans2016, no 'GT' models are supported by RMerlin firmware. :(

I had the same problem with Nighthawk AX12 so returned it and bought 2 GT-AX11000's to run AiMesh. Still unreliable speeds and had to reboot every other day. Called Spectrum out and after an hour the tech threw up his hands and gave up. 930Mbps coming out of the modem, but only 300 to 500 Mbps coming out of the router. Just for kicks I disabled "802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode" in wireless section and low and behold, my speeds went up to 900 Mbps and everything stable. This AX router seems to have a problem with AX!!!

Have you gone in contact with ASUS about this? This would be something to file a support ticket for.

I had the same problem with Nighthawk AX12 so returned it and bought 2 GT-AX11000's to run AiMesh. Still unreliable speeds and had to reboot every other day. Called Spectrum out and after an hour the tech threw up his hands and gave up. 930Mbps coming out of the modem, but only 300 to 500 Mbps coming out of the router. Just for kicks I disabled "802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6 mode" in wireless section and low and behold, my speeds went up to 900 Mbps and everything stable. This AX router seems to have a problem with AX!!!

I would also try a different wifi device as well to compare...see if problem is seen across all devices.

Try looking at the driver on the computer instead of troubleshooting the router. They both have to talk to each other.
All my computers lost wi-fi speed and they have different ASUS wi-fi cards. All with latest drivers.So guess ASUS needs to release new drivers for their cards then

I would make contact with ASUS support...

Get the AX6000 (RT-AX88U) and get wifi6 support & Merlin...
Excellent router so far...
Using 2 the 160mghz can be used as backchannel for AI mesh...
course it'll be a bit b4 I can toss another into the mix but being in a 3 story house with one underground it will be happenin...
buck ends here tho... no more $$$ tossed until they get their sh*t str8 on those hi-$$$ toys their pushing!

I have a GT AX11000 and my main router with a RT AC5300 as my node, mesh. I was getting reliable speeds with the 11000, then after the firmware upgrade started having problems with speed. I have 7 nest wifi cameras and 3 nest protects. All together 16-18 wifi devices. The Node handles 6-7 devices. My speed is great at times but early morning and some during the day my speeds drop to ping over 20, download 1-10 mbps, upload less than 3. I pay Spectrum for 200 plus mbps. I check the speed at the modem and it is over 230 plus mbps. I know it is my Asus router wifi and I have worked with Asus several times, changing channels & Mhz to 160 on the 5G's. Spectrum has been to my home three times in the pst two months and tell me nothing they can do as it is my router. Any suggestions? I get tired of rebooting, resetting to factory default starting over. The 11000 I have gad three months. I bought it because I sent my 5300 back to Asus but it took 5 weeks to get it back. It took 13 days to send by Fed Ex from west coast to east coast, unreal.

Went through the GT-AX11000, All of Netgear's newer routers, switched back to Asus's RT-AX88U with merlin support & all is well... After netgear pm'd a bunch of us in their community forum to try & get their routers to do what they say they would do realized this was the only way to get wifi6 support without losing what I pay for in speed.....

Chris - I had the same problem. Got 1/3 of the Comcast speed. I did everything. Read somewhere that you have to have the last firmware installed, as of today, that's 3.0.0.4.384_7979. Then goto the Administration - Restore / Save / Tab and select Factory Default and put a check mark in front of Initalize all the settings. Then connect only 1 PC to the back of the AX-GT11000 and try Speedtest. Sure enough, I'm now getting 950Mbps down again. :)

I have the same problem, GT-AX11000. Asus said I needed to go back to last firmware. I am not sure what to do as some of the techs I speak to at Asus I do not trust their judgement.

Was the router working before the update? If so, then ASUS judgement maybe sound as they seem to be aware that there is something wrong with there recent FW version.
I have the same problem, GT-AX11000. Asus said I needed to go back to last firmware. I am not sure what to do as some of the techs I speak to at Asus I do not trust their judgement.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!