What's new

Help AC3200 - Startup Script & Commands

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JPP PPJ

Occasional Visitor
I would like to run a few commands at startup, it is ok if this is after all the services are up. I have tried to look for instructions or examples but it is not clear to me yet. I am running 380.57 on RT-AC3200.

The commands I want to run at startup:
ifconfig ethX txqueuelen XXXX
wl -i ethX txpwr1 -d XX

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!!!

What am I doing wrong? After rebooting the router the script is not running but if I run the script manually it works with no problems (sh tx-start). I know the script is not running because the txqueuelen reset to default 1000

I created the script tx-start in /jffs/scripts/ using vi editor....

The script is :
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 txqueuelen 5000
ifconfig eth1 txqueuelen 5000
ifconfig eth2 txqueuelen 5000
ifconfig eth3 txqueuelen 5000
ifconfig br0 txqueuelen 5000
ifconfig vlan1 txqueuelen 5000

I saved and ran the command chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/*.

Additionally I went to the WebGUI to Administration -> System and I enabled the "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs"

Does increasing the queue depth improve throughput by any measureable amount?

Does increasing the queue depth improve throughput by any measureable amount?
In my test scenario, increasing the txqueuelen makes the throughput more consistent for large file transfers. Max speed is sustainable for longer time vs when the txqueuelen is 1000.

In my test scenario, increasing the txqueuelen makes the throughput more consistent for large file transfers. Max speed is sustainable for longer time vs when the txqueuelen is 1000.
I wonder if this may also affect bufferbloat?