What's new

Help! Cannot connect to my Nas from the net besides quickconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KevinBrian

New Around Here
Hello!

I am trying to set a synology nas so that I can connect from the internet without using quickconnect as I am finding it too slow .

I set the External Access / DDNS settings with my external Ip number (came up automatically) and chose one of synology`s hostnames.

Then I tried to set up the router form External Access/Router configuration automatically (attached image) but my router is not one of the listed ones in the dropdown menu so I set port forwarding to ports 5000 and 5001 on my router manually.

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-07-06 16.35.25.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-07-06 16.35.25.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 440
Hello!

I am trying to set a synology nas so that I can connect from the internet without using quickconnect as I am finding it too slow .

I set the External Access / DDNS settings with my external Ip number (came up automatically) and chose one of synology`s hostnames.

Then I tried to set up the router form External Access/Router configuration automatically (attached image) but my router is not one of the listed ones in the dropdown menu so I set port forwarding to ports 5000 and 5001 on my router manually.

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong

Thanks!

Quickconnect shouldn’t cause any speed impact because it sets up a direct connection so data isn’t sent through synology servers. Quickconnect is also far safer to use because it doesn’t require bypassing your router firewall with port forwarding. Does your home internet connection have slow upload speeds or is QoS enabled? That might explain the problem.

Edit: late reply I know.