What's new

help configuring dnscrypt with adguard home

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moretty

New Around Here
Hello everyone. First of all, sorry for the writing since I use the translator.
I have been trying for weeks to install dnscrypt along with adguard on my debian server both natively and in docker and now I decided I discovered that the best way is on my asus router with merlin, but in all of them the most I managed to do was make it work for a very short time and leaky dns.
I would like to ask you for help.
my main problem is that the adguard tells me that port 53 is already in use when I install it and when I put the .toml 127.0.0.1:53 in dnscrypt it gives me this error [FATAL] listen udp 127.0.0.1:53 bind: address already in use.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello everyone. First of all, sorry for the writing since I use the translator.
I have been trying for weeks to install dnscrypt along with adguard on my debian server both natively and in docker and now I decided I discovered that the best way is on my asus router with merlin, but in all of them the most I managed to do was make it work for a very short time and leaky dns.
I would like to ask you for help.
my main problem is that the adguard tells me that port 53 is already in use when I install it and when I put the .toml 127.0.0.1:53 in dnscrypt it gives me this error [FATAL] listen udp 127.0.0.1:53 bind: address already in use.
Thanks in advance
What router do you have? Firmware version? How are you installing DNSCrypt?
In AMTM: You have both DNSCrypt Installer and Adguard home installer
Think the AsusWRT-DNSCrypt installer uses 127.0.1.1:53
Recommend you try one of those installers if you have not done so already.

On Debian, you’d need to stop systemd-resolved listening on port 53.
Code:
sed -i 's/^#DNSStubListener=.*/DNSStubListener=no/g' /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
ln -sf /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
systemctl restart systemd-resolved

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help in the first place.
right now i was able to get it working on my debian server. the steps you take are these:
systemctl stop systemd-resolved
systemctl disable systemd-resolved
then edit nano /etc/systemd/resolved.conf and
[Solve]
DNS=127.0.0.1
#FallbackDNS=
#Domains=
#LLMNR=no
#MulticastDNS=no
#DNSSEC=no
#DNSOverTLS=no
#Cache=no
DNSStubListener=no
#ReadEtcHosts=yes

The only problem I have is that if I connect with wireguard through vpn in dnsleaks, it marks the isp dns instead of the anonymous ones.

That manually installing adguard and dnscrypt in debian, but the truth is that I would like to leave everything in my asus rt-ac68u.
Can you tell me how is the configuration in the router?
Thank you

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!