What's new

How do I install Kamoj on orbi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

First of all thanks @Voxel for your wonderful firmware. 2 things.. I can't install @kamoj Add-On. I try but I keep getting
/opt/bin/opkg install --force-overwrite kamoj-addon_191214-083737-

1_r9000.ipx

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx'.
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx.

I also tried:::

1_ipq806x.ipk

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kamoj-addon found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon.

Any help would be appreciated.. I also cant run /bin/opkg.. I need to type /opt/bin/opkg

First of all thanks @Voxel for your wonderful firmware. 2 things.. I can't install @kamoj Add-On. I try but I keep getting

1_r9000.ipx

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx'.
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx.

I also tried:::

1_ipq806x.ipk

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kamoj-addon found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon.

Any help would be appreciated.. I also cant run /bin/opkg.. I need to type /opt/bin/opkg

The FAQ at https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/Kamoj/FAQ.txt, dated 5/1/2021, specifically mentions R7800 and R9000 routers. It is not available for Orbi routers.

I've asked the same question to @kamoj a while ago. Orbi isn't supported and it's not a priority for him.... Not to mention that he doesn't have one. If you want it to work you'll need to take a deep look at each script. Based on my chat with him, he doesn't seem very optimistic that it will work on Orbi out of the box and many things might never work.

If you are planning to dissect the Kamoj add-on and try to make it work on Orbi I would be interested in helping. I am mostly looking for the bandwidth monitoring.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!