How do I install Kamoj on orbi

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

ComputerSteve

Regular Contributor
First of all thanks @Voxel for your wonderful firmware. 2 things.. I can't install @kamoj Add-On. I try but I keep getting
/opt/bin/opkg install --force-overwrite kamoj-addon_191214-083737-

1_r9000.ipx

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx'.
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx.

I also tried:::

1_ipq806x.ipk

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kamoj-addon found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon.

Any help would be appreciated.. I also cant run /bin/opkg.. I need to type /opt/bin/opkg

n1llam1

Regular Contributor
First of all thanks @Voxel for your wonderful firmware. 2 things.. I can't install @kamoj Add-On. I try but I keep getting

1_r9000.ipx

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx'.
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon_191214-083737-1_r9000.ipx.

I also tried:::

1_ipq806x.ipk

Unknown package 'kamoj-addon'.

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kamoj-addon found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kamoj-addon.

Any help would be appreciated.. I also cant run /bin/opkg.. I need to type /opt/bin/opkg

The FAQ at https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/Kamoj/FAQ.txt, dated 5/1/2021, specifically mentions R7800 and R9000 routers. It is not available for Orbi routers.

mith_y2k

Regular Contributor
I've asked the same question to @kamoj a while ago. Orbi isn't supported and it's not a priority for him.... Not to mention that he doesn't have one. If you want it to work you'll need to take a deep look at each script. Based on my chat with him, he doesn't seem very optimistic that it will work on Orbi out of the box and many things might never work.

If you are planning to dissect the Kamoj add-on and try to make it work on Orbi I would be interested in helping. I am mostly looking for the bandwidth monitoring.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!