What's new

How long does AC68u take to reboot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbb0777

Occasional Visitor
Odd question - but mine takes about 2 minutes 45 seconds (going by when the web interface says it's done), which is quite a bit longer than I'm accustomed to.

I'm wondering if it's something particular to my setup, or just normal for this router.

Firmware version? Stock or RMerlin?

Try erase nvram and reset to defaults via GUI or reset button and don't use old saved config file, configure the router manually after.

That should solve that problem.

It would depend on what you have enabled on it.

I'd say 3-4 minutes on average with pretty much everything on except Vulnerability Protection (which causes havoc for me, wan disconnections, both WANs showing down while still having internet access on secondary WAN, etc). About twice as slow as the AC66U.

OK, apparently because I had the T-Mobile version of the router, boot times were longer. Now that I have the regular 1.0.2.0 (US) bootloader, it's quite a bit faster. The web UI still shows rebooting for quite awhile, but wifi is back & fully functional within 75 seconds. Spiffy.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!