What's new

How many 5GHz N bridges can Netgear R6300 support?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

derekc

New Around Here
How many 5GHz N bridges can Netgear R6300 support? I can get no more than two. When the third WNHDE111 is added, all bridges became unreliable.
On the R6300, I have channel=161, mode=Up to 1300Mbps, Security = WPA2-PSK(AES).
On the WNHDE111 side, I have 802.11n only, Transmission Rate=Best(Automatic), Channel Width= Auto 20/40Mhz. Security Mode=WPA-Personal, WPA Mode=Auto (WPA or WPA2). Cipher Type=AES.

I tried setting the R6300 to Up to 289Mbps but it didn't help.

I am hoping my R6300 can bridge to four WNHDE111's.

WDS based bridges work by MAC address. How many MAC address entries are shown in the bridge admin GUI?

2 when two bridges are connected.
3 when the third one is also connected but I see high latency and a lot of timeouts when I ping -t them.

I will get a WD MyNet AC1300 to see if it makes a difference.

I meant how many MAC addresses are in the GUI. I looked it up in the manual and its is four.

You could be running into compatibility issues with the N and AC radios. Did you have four WNHDE111's bridging with another router?

Yes, 2 MAC addresses on the wifi table in the GUI when 2 bridges are connected. When the 3rd one is powered up and connected, it shows 3 but all bridges will have random timeouts and high latency when I ping -t them.

The manual says four? I bought four WNHDE111's hoping to bridge to four "cluster" networks (masterbedroom, family room, backyard, kidsroom) but so far I can only use 2 reliably.

I really don't need the AC for now. Maybe I should try a WD MyNet N900 to see.