What's new

How Not To Fix a Hot-running ASUS router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A quintessentially British solution.

"Blessed are the cheesemakers."

Last edited:
If you have a hardware issue with your router, then please contact Asus. There is nothing that the software can do to fix your hardware issues.

Ok guys OP is messing with everyone here for sure! Had a good time reading all the funny comments Give the guy credit he got the thread hopping.

well to finish this up
if you never want trouble anymore , try this solution
i am sure you love it , as that all you can do for now ( specialy when you trow away your heatsink and other chips )

or a better movie

as you can see , it keeps it cool , do the same with your router and you do not need to worry anymore about overheating

or to compare the stuff

Grts from PowerChaos

Last edited:
Crystal Ball is having problems accessing the alpha-beta_380.69_announcement table in the RMerlin_superdev.local database (Mysql on @MerlinDev.localhost).
This error may be related to the following previously reported reasons:
"Alpha, Beta or release versions are posted only when they are ready to post"

There may be more reasons but due to the frequency this error comes up, only the topmost reason is given.
Maybe your crystal ball is over-heating?

martinr, I don't think he meant cheesemakers literally...I think he meant all dairy producers, generally!

I think that's how it goes.

why doesnt the op just liquid cool his router, its easier than taking the fans out if i could work out how to do it i would.
Fully custom loop cooler, id cool the cpu ram and the baord.

I wonder how many routers ended up getting washed away in the floods created by the recent Hurricanes? I miss the segment "Does it Sink or Does It Float on the The David Letterman Show. My bet is a router would sink.

I wonder how many routers ended up getting washed away in the floods created by the recent Hurricanes? I miss the segment "Does it Sink or Does It Float on the The David Letterman Show. My bet is a router would sink.

My bet is on the RT-AC5300 coming to live, and swimming away to safety.

Maybe OP does not understand the true meaning of heat sink....

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!