What's new

How to check AC68U AiMesh node temperature (stock firmware)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

felixdd

Occasional Visitor
As title indicates -- how do I check the temperature of AC68U on stock firmware that's running as an AiMesh node?

Main router is AC86U on Merlin 386.3
Node is on 3.0.0.4.386_43129
(I tried running Merlin on the node but then it won't pair with the main router as a node).

I have the node inside a media closet that's enclosed and want to make sure temps are reasonable.

Use the 'Better Search' link at the top of the page for that info that has been discussed previously.

For an RT-AC68U, SSH into it and run:
Code:
# CPU
awk '{print $4}' /proc/dmu/temperature

# 2.4GHz
wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

# 5GHz
wl -i eth2 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

Don't think I can SSH into a node? I thought a node has to be set up from default settings and by default SSH is off?

Or does it "inherit" the settings of the main router such that if main router is SSH'able, node becomes SSH'able too?

Don't think I can SSH into a node? I thought a node has to be set up from default settings and by default SSH is off?

Or does it "inherit" the settings of the main router such that if main router is SSH'able, node becomes SSH'able too?
Sorry, I don't know whether you can SSH into a node as I don't use AiMesh. I assumed you could.

For an RT-AC68U, SSH into it and run:
Code:
# CPU
awk '{print $4}' /proc/dmu/temperature

# 2.4GHz
wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

# 5GHz
wl -i eth2 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'
Do you happen to have one of these for the RT-AC86U please? I have one as a node.

Also, in another thread, they said use: cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

On issuing that on a RT-AC86U I got "81704". What does that mean exactly, temperature wise? (I am guessing 81deg C then ...??)

btw Issuing the above on my RT-AC68U Node shows
87, 57, 59

For CPU, 2.4GHz and 5 GHz resp. So that one works for the RT-AC86U
[The cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp does not work on RT-AC68U]

Last edited:
On issuing that on a RT-AC86U I got "81704". What does that mean exactly, temperature wise? (I am guessing 81deg C then ...??)
I don't have an RT-AC86U so can only go by what's posted on these forums and used in scripts like RTRMON. Those say to use the command you stated and that it returns 1/1000th's of a degree C. So yes, just cut the first two digits from "81704" to get 81 degrees C. If you're running Merlin's firmware you can verify it against what's in the GUI.

Do you happen to have one of these for the RT-AC86U please? I have one as a node.

SSH commands for the RT-AC86U (these do work on Merlin, and I presume they may work on stock firmware as well):
Code:
# CPU
cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp | awk '{print $1/1000}'

# 2.4GHz
wl -i eth5 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1/2+20}'

# 5GHz
wl -i eth6 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1/2+20}'

Last edited:
I don't have an RT-AC86U so can only go brify it against what's in the GUI
Thank you Colin.
But not for a mesh node right? I looked but could only see the main routers temps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!