How to check AC68U AiMesh node temperature (stock firmware)?

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

felixdd

Occasional Visitor
As title indicates -- how do I check the temperature of AC68U on stock firmware that's running as an AiMesh node?

Main router is AC86U on Merlin 386.3
Node is on 3.0.0.4.386_43129
(I tried running Merlin on the node but then it won't pair with the main router as a node).

I have the node inside a media closet that's enclosed and want to make sure temps are reasonable.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Use the 'Better Search' link at the top of the page for that info that has been discussed previously.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
For an RT-AC68U, SSH into it and run:
Code:
# CPU
awk '{print $4}' /proc/dmu/temperature

# 2.4GHz
wl -i eth1 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

# 5GHz
wl -i eth2 phy_tempsense | awk '{print $1 / 2 + 20}'

felixdd

Occasional Visitor
Don't think I can SSH into a node? I thought a node has to be set up from default settings and by default SSH is off?

Or does it "inherit" the settings of the main router such that if main router is SSH'able, node becomes SSH'able too?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Don't think I can SSH into a node? I thought a node has to be set up from default settings and by default SSH is off?

Or does it "inherit" the settings of the main router such that if main router is SSH'able, node becomes SSH'able too?
Sorry, I don't know whether you can SSH into a node as I don't use AiMesh. I assumed you could.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!