What's new

How to configure IPTV (Jio Set Top Box in India) through Load Balancing Router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Harshit Mishra

New Around Here
Hi. As the title suggests I am in India. Forgive me for my ignorance because I am am absolute novice at this. I have a very peculiar problem.
I am using multiple internet connections from different providers. To pool these connections I am using a TP Link R480T+ Load Balancing Router. This load balancing router is further connected to a Netgear R 6220 Router which is the actual DHCP server for my home network. Now, one of my ISP's (Reliance Jio or simply JIO) is providing IPTV services through a seperate Set Top Box (STB). In order to work, this STB needs to be connected directly to the LAN of the Jio Router.
I wish to connect this router in my home at a point which is far away from where the Jio router is kept.
Hence I need to connect the STB to my home network and thus it would have to be connected to the Jio router through the Netgear R6220 and then through the TP Link R480T+.
I have attached a sketch to explain my perspective.
I need help about whether this can be done? If yes, please guide me with basics. Do I need to setup Port Triggering or is there some other method?
dac7b7847b6a299dcbe5cde275149787.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Hi again. I managed to sort this out myself. Just describing it here for others' reference.

Step 1. I changed the IP address of my STB to static address which was in the IP range of my Netgear R 6220.
Step 2. I set up PORT TRIGGERING in the R6220 for this static address. Here, arbitrarily I assigned 4848 as host port and set 5000 to 5099 as incoming port range.
Step 3. I set up port triggering on Tp Link R480T+ Load Balancer. Here, I assigned 5000 - 5099 ( same as incoming range on R6220) as host port range while the incoming port range was assigned as 5200 - 5299. This triggering was for WAN 1 port to which my Jio Fibre connection was connected.
It works. [emoji4]

Hi, I see you understand IPTV tell me, what do you think about SwitchOnShop?
Sorry buddy, I am just a novice. I live in India where IPTV is just being introduced. So I don't have much of a know-how. I am just trying to fiddle around with new technology.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!