What's new

How to save traffic monitor report to file?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hagbard

Regular Contributor
Having trouble making this work. I choose "traffic history location" as "Custom Location", I then go to "Choose location" and use the "Select" button and I get a gray page with zero options to change. Anyway, how do you set this up? I want to save the history to a file on my computers "D:\traffic history", how do I go do this? Step by step preferably as I've tried this before with Tomato on another router and never got anywhere.

I'm on the latest Merlin firmware, btw.

Okay, I think I found a quick and dirty solution. Just plugged a USB key into the router, choose "Select" and it came up. Dropped it there. I eventually see if it works next time I boot the router.

Didn't work. Everything reset and I lost my report. Now I've switched back to "RAM" it it now isn't working either?!?!

Got it to work with RAM by rebooting the router.

Update: Got it to save to the USB key by doing the same. BUT it isn't saving per IP address anymore.

Guess everyone is out having a life today.

Last edited:
After chosing a location, you also need to select the option to create a new database underneath it.

regular traffic and IPTraffic are separate databases, so you must enable and create both databases.

I don't see where's there's an option to do that? I set the file for the traffic report in the "Tools/Other Settings" under "Save History Location". Doesn't seem to be an option for doing another directory.

If it helps to better explain I've posted images to this forum:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/who-here-knows-how-setup-traffic-monitor-asus-n66u-1419476/

I'm talking about the option to "Create or reset data files", not about the location. There are two options to create the data files on that page.

Yeah, I actually tried various things with that, got nowhere. I can't even imagine how it works.

Okay, just sprinkled it with pixie dust and its now working.

Last edited:
Seems to have a mind of its own. I couldn't get it to actually record any clients without adding them to the "List of IPs to display", then those were to one's that would show up. Then, a few days later, the list was gone but it was now showing all the connected computers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!