What's new

How to set DSL-AC68U to bridged mode (not media bridge) with merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

urpokarhu

New Around Here
Hello,

I just installed Stable: 384.17_0-gnuton1 on my DSL-AC68U but could somebody help me how to set the router to bridge mode?

This might be very simple but after googling and searching this forum I couldn't find the answer. I don't want to have double NAT. I would like to use AC68U as pure bridge for my separate router (Unifi dream machine)

That may not be an option.

Why do you think double NAT is an issue?

Hello

I just want to avoid double NAT so I can easily open ports from WAN to my LAN on my UDM firewall. I just want to know if this is achievable with ac68U and merlin fw

You would need @GNUton or someone using his firmware to answer that.

Again, I don't think it's possible (the DSL model is a combo unit, after all). Hope I'm wrong though. :)

Hi,
I am not sure you can do that from the UI in a simple way, but IIRCit was possible with this image that i made long time ago which makes it more clsoe to RT-AC68U.

Feel free to give it a try and report if it works or not.
I may add this feature in the future if requuested.

Hi,
I am not sure you can do that from the UI in a simple way, but IIRCit was possible with this image that i made long time ago which makes it more clsoe to RT-AC68U.

Feel free to give it a try and report if it works or not.
I may add this feature in the future if requuested.

Thanks for answering is it possible with SSH to terminal then with your firmware?

I might give the linked firmware ago if it isn't

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!