What's new

How to set up openvpn client through ssh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hgoumner

New Around Here
Hello all,

It's my first post here and i'd like to thank the developers and contributors of the Asuswrt-Merlin project. I've been using the firmware for a couple of years now, but only via the router menu. Because i find myself having to restart my VPN client multiple times a week, i'd like to automate this task. I managed to ssh into my router (AC87U), but it was not clear to me how to (re-)start my VPN client. Does anyone know how that can be done, or where i can find out how to do it? I didn't find anything on the Wiki about this.

Thanks in advance.

The RT-AC87U is running a very old firmware version so I don't know whether it's commands are different, but try this:
Code:
service restart_vpnclient1

There is an option in the VPN clients settings for Connection Retry attempts that may solve your problem.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. That seems to work :) And yes, i have the option for the retry attempts set, but it doesn't always work unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!