What's new

How to stop / start wireless service from putty command line?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Willing to...

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
is it possible to do so if yes, how?
I found in scmarlin commands for restarting wireless service and to restart internet connection.
If it is possible to do it from command line is it possible to separate start/stop for 2.4GHz and 5GHz and how?
Is it possible to restart internet connection (to change IP adress) from command line in putty so that I don't need to enter amtm?
Router is rt-ac86.
Starting / stopping wireless service is because many times I have problem to login in webui, mostly I use old laptop with winxp (never failed - but I nedd then to switch on laptop just to be able to stop wireless service during the night for example).
Thanks

It appears that

service restart_wireless service restart_wan

Will achieve the result you are looking for. I didn't check if this could put lock files in an invalid state. For reference you can open /jffs/scripts/scmerlin with a text editor.

Thanks,
after checking script yes those are commands but probably locked files will be problematic, however service restart_wireless switched off leds for a moment so that one works...but wireless come back too fast.