1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

How to use “IPTV” on ASUS Router

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by spritezf, Feb 26, 2016.

1. spritezf

spritezf Occasional Visitor

Hi, guys! ASUWRT provide IPTV setting on “LAN-IPTV” page. Today we’ll talk about how to use “IPTV” on ASUS router, also take RT-AC88U for example

1.LAN Port

1.1 You can select an ISP profile if your IPTV service provider is in the drop-down list, then connect your STB to the port which shows on “IPTV STB Port” drop-down list. Refer to picture 1

1.2 You still can use IPTV feature by choosing manual setting if your IPTV service provider is not in the drop-down list, but you should know your Internet/IPTV VID/PRIO setting value first. This value can get from your ISP. Refer to picture 2

2. Special Applications

2.1 Use DHCP routes support Microsoft, RFC3442, Microsoft & RFC 3442.

2.2 Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy), this allow you decided to allow LAN client receives multicast packet from WAN side network or not

2.3 Enable efficient Multicast Forwarding (IGMP Snooping), enable this increase efficiency of LAN client receives multicast packet.

2.4 UDP Proxy, this feature allow you set a proxy port to transfer multicast packet to the player, you can watch IPTV on the player by input the URL format as below, http://[Router IP]:[Udpxy Port]/[Protocol]/[Channel IP address]:[Channel Port](Ex。http://192.168.1.1:4000/udp/239.255.1.1:500 or http://192.168.1.1:4000/rtp/239.255.1.2:5000), 0 to disable.

For IPTV topology please refer to picture 3

Attached Files:

• IPTV.jpg
      IPTV.jpg
      File size:
      233.1 KB
      Views:
  2. bobg8zwf

bobg8zwf Occasional Visitor

How are Channel IP and Channel Port determined?

Are they provided by the router or by the IPTV service provider?

I cannot get a stream to work onto pc (vlc).

IPTV is working fine on IPTV box and then to TV

3. bayern1975

bayern1975 Very Senior Member

everything behind from /udp/ are IPTV channels IP and ports....they not coming from router....you should get it somewere....what is your IPTV provider? maybe you find it on internet....try to google it....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

4. bobg8zwf

Ok, thanks for that information. The IPTV provider is China Telecom (Shanghai Telecom). I have been searching for a few days but not found anything relating to specific ip addresses and ports.

Just wanted to see if I can receive stream on vlc.

5. spritezf

spritezf Occasional Visitor

you can find the channel ip and port by capture the packet between router and iptv box when watch the channel which you want to play by vlc

6. bobg8zwf

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing. Here is one for example. 239.45.3.245:554
    So the command I am using in VLC is http://192.168.1.254:4022/udp/239.45.3.245:554
    udpxy port is correct and status shows waiting.
    VLC appears to be trying to get the stream, but only a black window and fails after a few seconds.
    I notice that the stream shows as unicast, not multicast in wireshark.