What's new

How to use QoS with changing bandwith?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rouvax

New Around Here
Hello guys

My internet subscription changes speed during the day. 100Mbit between 00:00 - 19:00 and 25 Mbit between 19:00 - 24:00. I also play games at mixed hours during the day. I want to use QoS so that I will not be affected by other users at home, but as far as I understand, QoS is not designed for such changing bandwiths. I'm using Voxel firmware, what do you recommend? Sure you can say "change QoS setting during the day" but I want to do it automaticaly or adaptive. Can you tell me your suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

FWIW: On my R7800 with Voxel's firmware I found shutting off QoS and simply not using it as best setup.
This with multiple streamers, and game players, all using wireless & internet at the same time.
YMMV

FWIW: On my R7800 with Voxel's firmware I found shutting off QoS and simply not using it as best setup.
This with multiple streamers, and game players, all using wireless & internet at the same time.
YMMV
Thank you for input.

Since you know the speeds and the times they are changing, a small script is all you need to change the numbers as needed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!