What's new

HP LX195 MediaSmart Server Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DCMackie

New Around Here
I read the review on the above, where it indicated that the HDD could be updated without much difficulty.

Could someone direct me to where I can learn how to re-install the HP WHS software on such an updated drive?

You should be able to put the server recovery DVD into a machine that is on the same network as the LX195 and run it. It will look for the server and prompt to start the recovery.

Upgrade of HDD

I have put my new drive in place but now see that the Server recovery DVD says it is for "the recovery of an existing pre-installed image only"

I have put my new drive in place but now see that the Server recovery DVD says it is for "the recovery of an existing pre-installed image only"
So it won't run the install?

Hi,
Anyone know about the fan setting of LX 195.Mine does not turn on at all. Is it set to turn on at a certain temperature only ?
mY hdd lights does not turn on either.Is it suppose to blink when the server works?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!