What's new

News HUAWEI Update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

Update:
AVM is updating its Firmware now.

AVM brings FritzOS updates because of Huawei patent lawsuitMost Wi-Fi 6-capable Fritz boxes have received new FritzOS versions. AVM wants to avoid Huawei's patent claims.Reaction to lost Huawei lawsuitWhen asked, AVM confirmed that the firmware updates were related to Huawei's patent lawsuit against the Wi-Fi 6 Fritz boxes. According to Huawei, AVM uses patented technology to implement Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA). Huawei's patent relates to the Wi-Fi 6 signaling fields that indicate whether a data packet should go to one or more clients. AVM has now adapted this, but did not provide any further details upon request.In the first instance, AVM lost the patent lawsuit, but has already appealed and is also taking action against Huawei before the Federal Patent Court. The firmware updates are now intended to additionally secure the AVM devices."With the updated firmware from January 1, 2024 for six Wi-Fi 6 products, the controversial accusation of patent infringement is resolved. The adjustment has been active for newly installed devices since January 1, 2024. Existing devices are not affected by this and are for "The updated firmware has no effect on normal use," an AVM spokeswoman wrote to us.No update for the Fritzbox 7590 AXIt is noticeable that the Fritzbox 7590 AX, as the top DSL model, has not received an update. AVM has already said that the Huawei patent does not come into play in its own WLAN routers - perhaps there was now just an alignment of all models with the Fritzbox 7590 AX.

Same Patent from Huawei is used from Amazon and Netgear too.

Source:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - blowback from the sanctions against Huawei (and other CN/PRC companies)...

Was always wondering when Huawei was going to pull the trigger on their patents - looks like this is now happening...

Yea, I read China is trying to patent as many things as they can. There will probably be more cases. I think it will come back bite them. The world will wake up to this and China may be left out.

Yea, I read China is trying to patent as many things as they can
As if American companies haven't been doing that for ages. Patent trolls are a very American problem for example.

Yea, I read China is trying to patent as many things as they can. There will probably be more cases. I think it will come back bite them. The world will wake up to this and China may be left out.

Yeah, and at the same time, the PRC is investing heavily in their own tech - at some point, they will be fierce competitors in the same sectors they've been sanctioned - starting to see that already over the CPU space with RISC-V...

Yeah, and at the same time, the PRC is investing heavily in their own tech - at some point, they will be fierce competitors in the same sectors they've been sanctioned - starting to see that already over the CPU space with RISC-V...
Sun made a good go of the RISC processor. They do have to work real hard to keep up.