What's new

I need help with optimal 5Ghz Smart Connect Rules for RT AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jusjohn55

Regular Contributor
As the title says, I am trying to optimize this router. Anyone have good settings for the 5Ghz smart connect Smart Connect Rules?

Also, when I tried screwing in the 8 antenna, I tried to bend the antenna to point up but they were extremely difficult to bend. I fear that that pressure caused the connectors where the antenna screw onto to break. Is this the case? Did that pressure cause inconsistency issues? On top of that, why are some of the antenna tight when moving while some were extremely smooth to move/looser? Do the looser ones have issues?

Here is a screen shot of my current Smart Connect Rules.
Screenshot (1).png

Best optimization doesn't use smart connect. ;)

Also, did that pressure from me trying to bend the antennas back into place break the connectors or damage them?

Sounds like it. Antennas are not meant to be bent... positioned, but not bent.

OE

No, the antennas on this model bend up. Cause of the elbow piece they have

You'll have to decide whether you bent them beyond what they are designed to do.

OE

@jusjohn55 the best setups I've seen are where everything 'auto' isn't. Manually setting everything always gives a more stable and robust network.

Edit: the only 'Auto' I use (always) is the Wireless Mode. Anything else used there is making the router use/give less than it is designed for.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!