What's new

ieee.org in firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jack901

Regular Contributor
I run noscript in my browser and I logged in to the router ac56r and noticed on yjr system info page that ieee.org wanted permission to access that page. goes to page
About IEEE
The IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly-cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing and technology information around the globe.

just struck me as odd to be showing up on my router info page and wanted permission for something. so what gives?
thanks

I run noscript in my browser and I logged in to the router ac56r and noticed on yjr system info page that ieee.org wanted permission to access that page. goes to page
About IEEE
The IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly-cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing and technology information around the globe.

just struck me as odd to be showing up on my router info page and wanted permission for something. so what gives?
thanks

OUI queries are done on the IEEE's database to identify which manufacturer a networkmap client's MAC belongs to.