What's new

I'm looking for YouTube videos to get educated in basic Networking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

g725s

Occasional Visitor
I would like to get a better understanding of home networking. I get confused with exactly how networking works and all the different terms. Anyone want to recommend a good source of learning on YouTube that goes from basic to more advanced?

Reason for YouTube is that I have a subscription and that makes it an easy source.

Best advice is to search for specific terms and go from there. There is no "all encompassing" video as the subject can take from days, to weeks, to years to learn. :) I've been at this for 40+ years. There are literally thousands of resource sites, including youtube (with or without a subscription).

Something like this should get you started
https://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Local-Area-Network-(LAN)

Form there, just perform basic searches for things like "what is an ip address", "how to install a switch or hub", "basic network wiring",etc. Thousands of topics, but only a few will be of particular interest to your specific requirements.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!