What's new

Install merlin firmware upgrade unsuccessful on asus rt-ac86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lovermac31

New Around Here
I have tried to reset the router to factory default by holding the small black button on the back. I've tried rebooting the router many times. I have also tried many firmware releases:

RT-AC86U_386.5_alpha2-g4fa87261ad
RT-AX86U_386.4_0 2
RT-AX86U_386.4_0
RT-AX86U_386.3_2

All have failed to successfully install. Currently my firmware is Asus 3.0.0.4.386_45956

I don't know how to install the Asus Merlin firmware on my router. Also, how do you "Upload it, do a factory default reset, then manually reconfigure it?" . . .

I have tried to reset the router to factory default by holding the small black button on the back. I've tried rebooting the router many times. I have also tried many firmware releases:

RT-AC86U_386.5_alpha2-g4fa87261ad
RT-AX86U_386.4_0 2
RT-AX86U_386.4_0
RT-AX86U_386.3_2

All have failed to successfully install. Currently my firmware is Asus 3.0.0.4.386_45956

I don't know how to install the Asus Merlin firmware on my router. Also, how do you "Upload it, do a factory default reset, then manually reconfigure it?" . . .

They will fail if you use the wrong firmware.

You CANNOT flash firmware for other models.

You definitely should not be attempting to run alpha software if you are not sure how to do a basic firmware flash.

They will fail if you use the wrong firmware.

You CANNOT flash firmware for other models.

You definitely should not be attempting to run alpha software if you are not sure how to do a basic firmware flash.
Thank you because will I did a factory default reset then uploaded the firmware RT-AC86U_386.5_alpha2-g4fa87261ad is worked perfectly!!!!

Please note that the final version of that firmware is out: