What's new

Tutorial Installing a AX210 Windows 10 Driver that works

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try this driver from Intel’s site, not sure it made it to 5.11 before release. Last I used Linux for testing it was still 5.10 and had the same issue you describe. Unlike 5.11 which supports the AX210 I had to manually install the driver to even get it to detect the card. I think the driver below maybe newer than the one I used.

Thanks for the link. Noob question here, will I need a new antenna to utilize the 6GHz frequencies.

Nope, you should be fine.

Thanks for the link. Noob question here, will I need a new antenna to utilize the 6GHz frequencies.
The existing dual-band antenna will work, but 6 GHz signals will be reduced somewhat. But you'll probably not notice if you run with 6 GHz 160 MHz channels.

Windows installed the

• Provide Intel
  • Version 22.50.1.1
  • Date 4/28/2021
drivers for me today.

No dong download required. :)

I got 22.50.1.1 a few days back, still won’t let me use WPA3 on 6 Ghz and I still needed the Regedit.

Just a small update with Ubuntu 21.04. I don't have any 6ghz router. However, with 5ghz wifi 6, using my phone as a wifi 6 AP, my laptop can connect perfectly and link speed > 1000Mbps is achievable. It supports out of the box. The downside is Bluetooth. Many times the Bluetooth cannot see any device, or being turned off completely and cannot turn on again (even after reinstalling OS). Technically I can reset Bluetooth feature with terminal + reboot to make it work again, however, that also means I have to turn on Bluetooth all the time and can never turn it off since the bug randomly happens.

hey, 6GHz now working on Fedora Linux using Candela's 5.12.14+ kernel with Lanforge release 5.4.3: http://candelatech.com/downloads.php#releases
for anyone looking for a free Linux distribution (Candela appears to be a commercial product) Ubuntu 21.04 can be made to work at 6 GHz too. You have to disable Network Manager (which does not yet support the mandatory (for 6 GHz) Hash to Element H2E - see this link, slide 22) You also have to build wpa_supplicant from source and configure the network with a wpa_supplicant config file.

Last edited:
anyone having issues with the adapter not being recognized at the startup of the OS(Win10 pro 21H1(Comp. ver 19043.1083)), I'm having this issue both on my desktop(using fenvi pcie adapter) and on my laptop. About 50% of the time I turn on my laptop and about 20% of the time I turn on my Desktop, the ax210 is not detecting wifi, only bluetooth. When I open device manager it is possible to see there's an issue with the adapter, when I click on disable device the device manager stops working for a while then comes back to live(unusual behavior) and the adapter still not recognized however if I simply restart the computer it will be working on the next boot. I searched the web looking for someone with a similar problem but was not able to find anyone. A few other details, Im using the latest driver version(from Intel website, 22.60.0.6). It is really annoying because half the time I update something and have to restart, I have to restart the computer twice

It says the device could not be started properly(code 10) but Im clueless to what might have been the cause..
Other odd thing is that never I had this problem twice(or more) in a row, only happens once..

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2021-07-21 170703.png
    Captura de tela 2021-07-21 170703.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Captura de tela 2021-07-21 170802.png
    Captura de tela 2021-07-21 170802.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
anyone having issues with the adapter not being recognized at the startup of the OS(Win10 pro 21H1(Comp. ver 19043.1083)), I'm having this issue both on my desktop(using fenvi pcie adapter) and on my laptop. About 50% of the time I turn on my laptop and about 20% of the time I turn on my Desktop, the ax210 is not detecting wifi, only bluetooth. When I open device manager it is possible to see there's an issue with the adapter, when I click on disable device the device manager stops working for a while then comes back to live(unusual behavior) and the adapter still not recognized however if I simply restart the computer it will be working on the next boot. I searched the web looking for someone with a similar problem but was not able to find anyone. A few other details, Im using the latest driver version(from Intel website, 22.60.0.6). It is really annoying because half the time I update something and have to restart, I have to restart the computer twice

It says the device could not be started properly(code 10) but Im clueless to what might have been the cause..
Other odd thing is that never I had this problem twice(or more) in a row, only happens once..
Not sure if this related, but code 10 usually means something is interfering with your startup process. In other words, a conflict. When I updated from AC7265 to AX210, I uninstalled AC7265 driver first, and replaced the card. However, there was also code 10 error. A fresh reset/reinstall of Windows solved the problem. Still unsure what caused the conflict though.

Not sure if this related, but code 10 usually means something is interfering with your startup process. In other words, a conflict. When I updated from AC7265 to AX210, I uninstalled AC7265 driver first, and replaced the card. However, there was also code 10 error. A fresh reset/reinstall of Windows solved the problem. Still unsure what caused the conflict though.
Already tried it but decided to give it one last try, I wiped all partitions when reinstalling the latest copy of Windows 10. Still having the same issue...

Edit: Found a workaround.. Basically if you disable the adapter or turn on Airplane mode and then shutdown/reboot it will work reliably everytime you turn on the computer. Made 2 bat scripts that do that for me whenever I turn the laptop on or off thru gpedit.msc

Last edited:
Finally got my ax210 working in Linux. Had to rebuild the source code using 10.13. Anyone been able to sniff 6Ghz traffic? I can't figure out how to get airodump to look at the 6Ghz frequency range.

Finally got my ax210 working in Linux. Had to rebuild the source code using 10.13. Anyone been able to sniff 6Ghz traffic? I can't figure out how to get airodump to look at the 6Ghz frequency range.
6 GHz is disabled by default. It is enabled only if a 6 GHz BSSID is found during a scan. So you need to put the adapter in monitor mode, then force a scan. You might need to scan multiple times.

Has anyone used the new drivers for the AX 22.70.0.6? Mine seems to lose connection allot in conjunction with Nordvpn, and brave browser. I have to turn off the Nordvpn, wait, and it comes back. Or, I can wait and it eventually comes back.
I have Windows 10. Can I just revert back to older drivers?
Thoughts?

I am running Windows 11 Beta .168 and AX210 drivers 22.70.3.2 with no issues and OpenVPN connections.

I am running Windows 11 Beta .168 and AX210 drivers 22.70.3.2 with no issues and OpenVPN connections.
I will see if they have newer drivers like yours. Didnt realize 11 beta was out..
I have seen where Intel will try to update my laptop and it wont install due to 10th Intel version chip vise 11th versions..
Maybe my 210AX needs something different.
Or its the Brave Browser, Of which I need to research then also.