What's new

Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop 802.3ad link aggregation possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ugo1

Regular Contributor
Hi

I'm going to build a home server based on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 (finally). I would like to set up a dual lan between my server and my video editing computer (probably will be build over the GA-EX58-UD5). I was thinking to use the Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop (note this is the desktop version). But before make it I would like to know if it is possible to setup the 802.3ad link aggregation mode with 2 of this card and Ubuntu and use it between the two computers. As switch I'm planning to use the netgear GS108. Will be possible to plug other computers not in teaming?

Any suggestion?

Regards

Ugo

I can't speak directly to the Intel Pro 1000 PT but my Intel Pro 1000 MT desktop adapter supports teaming.

00Roush

Thanks

looking in the intel's Kb list seem that link aggregation is supported but no mention in the official datasheet :(

also the latest linux drivers say:

The following features are now available in supported kernels(my note: 2.4 and 2.6):
- Native VLANs
- Channel Bonding (teaming)
- SNMP

Regards

Ugo

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!