What's new

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Naftali Oziel

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Not sure if others have this issue, since upgrading to Asus AC68 U. My dell laptop will disconnect from the wifi for a seconds and reconnect. The wifi driver is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and read that issues exist with Intel drivers w/some AP models. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve?

Last edited:
Not sure if others have this issue, since upgrading to Asus AC68 U. My dell laptop will disconnect from the wifi for a seconds and reconnect. The wifi driver is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and read that issues exist with Intel drivers w/some AP models. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve?

With Dell - sometimes they bundle Norton Utils (and more recently McAffee) - both of these can interfere with the wireless card...

I'm using an Intel 7265 AC myself in my Thinkpad Yoga without any issue. Make sure you grab the latest drivers from Intel's website. I also disable the Throughput Booster in the Device Manager's settings for that network adapter, as it was causing performance issues for me.

Maybe a corrupt profile, if you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, try deleting and re-connecting:
Network Settings -> Manage Wi-Fi Settings -> Choose a Network -> Forget

If that don't work, download the latest Intel PRO/Set drivers. Older laptops might not work well with the newest Intel Wifi adapters.

See this USB Wifi adapter:
Alfa Network 802.11ac AC1200 Wide Range USB 3.0 Wireless Adapter with External Antenna (AWUS036ACH)

Thank you, am running a corporate image, windows 7 enterprise. I did install the latest drivers for it. This is a new dell latitude e7450

With Dell - sometimes they bundle Norton Utils (and more recently McAffee) - both of these can interfere with the wireless card...

Thanks, this is a corp laptop w/win7 enterprise running McAffee. I should have been a bit more specific, the wireless connection stays connected but it stops responding to my network activities/internet. I than get a yellow exclamation saying no internet and than it comes back again. If I disconnect/connect all works again or leave it alone and it reconnects.

I'm using an Intel 7265 AC myself in my Thinkpad Yoga without any issue. Make sure you grab the latest drivers from Intel's website. I also disable the Throughput Booster in the Device Manager's settings for that network adapter, as it was causing performance issues for me.

Thanks, checked that setting it is disabled. Am using the 2.4G at home as my 5G range is poor. At work the card works fine on 5G no disconnect. Is there any other recommendations or tweaking that you can recommend for the adapter or AP?

Thanks, checked that setting it is disabled. Am using the 2.4G at home as my 5G range is poor. At work the card works fine on 5G no disconnect. Is there any other recommendations or tweaking that you can recommend for the adapter or AP?

I keep everything else to their default settings (aside from MU-MIMO and Explicit Beamforming which I keep disabled).

Also do you recommend disabling the Universal Beamforming?

Sorry, I had both mixed up. Disable Universal, but keep Explicit enabled. Universal tries to use BF with devices that might not support it, while Explicit requires the client to officially support it.

Sorry, I had both mixed up. Disable Universal, but keep Explicit enabled. Universal tries to use BF with devices that might not support it, while Explicit requires the client to officially support it.

Ok, great thank you for the recommendation and support. For the preamble I changed it to short for 2.4G hope that won't cause issues for AC adapters, as it should be better as I don't use any B/G devices all N.

Need help, issue is still persistent with my new dell. I have applied the BIOS, chipset and wireless adapter AC7265 Intel driver updates. When I look at the statistic from the Intel/PROSet/wireless utility. I notice incremental count on roaming count and AP dropped mobile unit. The issue only is with this adapter and seems am not alone. I use it on my 2.4ghz and some suggested to disable the TurboQAM? Any suggestions is much appreciated. Am out of idea's outside of replacing the router but issue seems to be the adapter, these Intel cards are garbage.

The latest Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software seems pretty messed up in my experience (no surprise there).

I suggest that you uninstall Intel PROSet completely and then reinstall the most recent "Drivers only" version (18.33.0.1) which is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-

That fixed all the problems I was having with my Dell/Intel AC7265.

Unfortunately Intel appear to have stopped supplying the driver-only version for the latest releases.

The latest Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software seems pretty messed up in my experience (no surprise there).

I suggest that you uninstall Intel PROSet completely and then reinstall the most recent "Drivers only" version (18.33.0.1) which is here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7-

That fixed all the problems I was having with my Dell/Intel AC7265.

Unfortunately Intel appear to have stopped supplying the driver-only version for the latest releases.

Thank you, correct, all new drivers 19.x.x.x. you need to install the full suit. I uninstalled the IntelPro (figured it was an issue) and there is version 18.40.0.9 on the dell web site. You can extract the package and just install the driver (http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cadhs1/product-support/servicetag/ft53262/drivers/advanced).

File Name: Network_Driver_4Y1DP_WN32_18.40.0.9_A19.EXE (while it says 32 it has 64bit drivers in the package). However, I will hold on to this one and install the one you recommended to see if my issue stabilizes.

I have also made changes to the router for N-only, 20Mhz (too crowded in my area) and channel 11. TurboQAM 256 won't work unless in Auto but that's fine. What is your recommendation? Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for the info about the Dell driver, I'll bear that in mind. For the time being I'll stick with what I've got as I am having no problems with it. Intel's drivers seem to be a complete lottery.

I don't have any recommendations for the router side. I'm just running with the default settings apart from manually selecting the channel. Also, I'm running John's fork on different hardware to you.

I'd double-check to see if you've got any other unnecessary Intel software installed on the PC that might be interfering with things, like WiDi.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the Dell driver, I'll bear that in mind. For the time being I'll stick with what I've got as I am having no problems with it. Intel's drivers seem to be a complete lottery.

I don't have any recommendations for the router side. I'm just running with the default settings apart from manually selecting the channel. Also, I'm running John's fork on different hardware to you.

I'd double-check to see if you've got any other unnecessary Intel software installed on the PC that might be interfering with things, like WiDi.

Thanks for your support as well, much appreciated. I've uninstalled McAfee as I heard that can interfere and also disabled the WiFi adapter bluetooth. Now, time will tell.