What's new

Intermittent loss of Wi-Fi since upgrading to 386.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you try 'forgetting' the SSID of the 2.4GHz network, reboot the phone and then re-associate it again?
Yup tried all that before i changed from 40MHz to allow 20/40MHz

RT-AC5300 since 386.7.2 WiFi 5Ghz-2 drops randomly and have to reboot to get it back up. Going to revert back to just 386.7.0 only and see what happens but only once before going into 386.7.2 the whole router seemed to take itself offline, Internet and all. This prompted me to login to the router and noticed the firmware update, so did that. So under 386.7.0 the router lost everything but ethernet connections. Very odd. Ran 386.7.0 for quite a while before that with no obvious issues.

I have had the same problem with my AX88U. Full factory reset followed by a clean install solved the problems. Dirty upgrade from beta2 to 386.7 did not work for me and caused wifi dropouts on many local devices
When you perform a factory reset doesn’t it just revert back to the latest firmware you have installed anyway? How would you do a “clean” install vs a “dirty” one? I have 386.5_2 installed on my AX11000 and on my XT8 nodes—when I factory reset they just start up with the 386.5_2 version and I’m not even sure if my settings change—and I’ve tried factory resetting both within the GUI and by using the WPS button when turning on the power. What am I missing?

Yup tried all that before i changed from 40MHz to allow 20/40MHz
Funny thing is with my AX11000 and XT8 nodes, when I select specific channel widths, they don’t change to the widths I select—for instance I set my 5gh2 band at 160 and it is still on 20. No clue why…

RT-AC5300 since 386.7.2 WiFi 5Ghz-2 drops randomly and have to reboot to get it back up. Going to revert back to just 386.7.0 only and see what happens but only once before going into 386.7.2 the whole router seemed to take itself offline, Internet and all. This prompted me to login to the router and noticed the firmware update, so did that. So under 386.7.0 the router lost everything but ethernet connections. Very odd. Ran 386.7.0 for quite a while before that with no obvious issues.
I got the same issue on both 2.4 and 5Ghz
I think it resets every night or so.
Some devices had to log in to the routers network again, even if it's the same password also.

Well, seems like 386.7.2 isn't stable either... I'll stay on 386.5.2 which is stable as a rock. It just keeps running with my 62+ devices connected.

I experience the same on 2 AC5300's.

Hi,
My AX88U is new, last week I replaced my old AC86U with it.
I flashed the Merlin firmware right away. Unfortunately it didn't work well, I was getting Wi-Fi loss, the syslog was spammed with the wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp messages, I got one random reboot and previous night I lost the web access to it.
So yesterday morning I flashed the latest Asus firmware, it's stable now.
Hope the issues with the Merlin firmware will be resolved and I will be able to flash it back.
Thank you for you time on working on this!
So it looks 386.7_2 fixed all of my issues, AX88U is running for 10 days without any issues

Sounds like the 388.xx Beta will be a good or even better match for you then too. :)

386.7.2 has resolved my wifi issues on my RT-AX88u. Defo the best router and merlin software I’ve used. Thanks @RMerlin, appreciate your work.

See the post above. :)

I downgraded to 386.5_2 because every morning my router lost internet. 385_2 has a problem with Shelly 1PM (1.gen), 386.7_2 didn't but it is more stable now. Almost 3 days online.

After trying 386_7.2 I found it not reliable for my network .
So far 386_5.2 is the most stable for my network.

AX88U -> AX88U (Wireless backhaul) -> AX56U (Wired backhaul)
30-35 devices or so, 0 issues, stable for last 10 days or so

After trying 386_7.2 I found it not reliable for my network .
So far 386_5.2 is the most stable for my network.
Do you mean with respect to Wi-Fi disconnects or was there some other problem you had with 386.7_2?

Do you mean with respect to Wi-Fi disconnects or was there some other problem you had with 386.7_2?

A mix of Several issues I can count here.
1. WiFi Disconnections and instabilities. Affects both Backhaul and end-devices connectivity. means 50% of my network and more is having stability issues.
2. IPv6 does not obtain or belated obtain. affects services in my network.
3. For a weird reason, my Ring devices is not playing well in this FW- I suspect it is the new SDK Asus is using for AX88U that's not going along with Ring.
4. General stability issues- I cannot measure it, but seems that I have to reboot the network every few days in this FW because of issues of WIFi disconnects or slowness I cannot explain.
386 5 2 is quite ok and 10 days in a row without a single interference

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!