What's new

Internet issue - Sierra 598u with Asuswrt Merlin(RT-AC66U_378.56_0)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blackdream

New Around Here
Hello Team,

I have installed "RT-AC66U_378.56_0" on Asus AC66u router.

I'm using Sierra 598u to connect my internet.

It is Connect internet without any problem. but, after few minutes it disconnect the internet. The Icon (on Asuswrt Merlin ) shows connected but no internet. I have flashed NVRAM and Factory RESET as well.

Can someone please help on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Also, i have tried with 378.53_0. But, the issue happening with sierra 598 u. Can someone please help on this ?

Turn off and physically unplug from the A/C all your network equipment and leave it like that for at least 10 minutes (30 minutes to an hour is better).

Then, plug in your modem, wait for 5 minutes.

Plug in your router, wait for 5 minutes.

Now, plug in your switches (if any) and turn on your client devices.

The above will reset the connection to your ISP and should resolve your issue if the RT-AC66U was being seen as a new device on their network.

Turn off and physically unplug from the A/C all your network equipment and leave it like that for at least 10 minutes (30 minutes to an hour is better).

The above will reset the connection to your ISP and should resolve your issue if the RT-AC66U was being seen as a new device on their network.
Thank you so much L&LD. I will try this now.

Hello L&LD,

I did follow the steps given by you. But, the issue is not resolved. is there any other suggestion from your side? I'm Using CDMA EVDO (Sierra 598 U) with Asus AC 66 u. Please let me know if you need more detail from my side.

Hello L&LD,

I did follow the steps given by you. But, the issue is not resolved. is there any other suggestion from your side? I'm Using CDMA EVDO (Sierra 598 U) with Asus AC 66 u. Please let me know if you need more detail from my side.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Btw, what firmware version were you coming from before flashing 378.56? Did you do a complete reset to factory defaults, including using new ssids for each band and then manually and minimally configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP? And specifically NOT using a backup config file to flash your settings to the new firmware?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/noob-definition-of-minimal-and-manual-configuration.27115/

Many 3G/EVDO operators have session timers/inactivity timers that will expire after a certain period of time when traffic is idle...

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Btw, what firmware version were you coming from before flashing 378.56? Did you do a complete reset to factory defaults, including using new ssids for each band and then manually and minimally configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP? And specifically NOT using a backup config file to flash your settings to the new firmware?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/noob-definition-of-minimal-and-manual-configuration.27115/
I was using ASUS Stock firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135 . I did nvram ram flash using "mtd-erase -d nvram". Then i have installed RT-AC66U_378.56_0 and I did Factory reset.

Also, I have followed the instructions as per below link:
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/noob-definition-of-minimal-and-manual-configuration.27115

I did not use backup config file to flash my setting to the Asus wrt Merlin.

But. still I'm facing the same issue.

One of my friend is using TP-LINK 3420 V2. I have tried Sierra 598u with it. it is working fine. There is no issue with TP LINK 3420 v2 (Same USB Modem and ISP)

So, Is there any issue with Asus firmware ? has anyone have a such type of issue with CDMA EVDO (Sierra 598u) in Asus AC 66 u Router?

Last edited:
Many 3G/EVDO operators have session timers/inactivity timers that will expire after a certain period of time when traffic is idle...
Hi sfx2000 ! I have checked with my ISP. There is session timers or inactivity timers for my internet connection. Also i did Auto logout = 0 and Network Key Rotation Interval =0 in the firmware settings.

I face the same problem, with an Huawei E392 (LTE Connection)....always dropping connection....

I have a TP-Link MR3420v2.0 and work flawless.....

ASUSWRT can handle 4G/LTE dongles?....Or only can handle 3G connections?

PS: I tried with an Huawei E3276, and is worst. Doesnt even connects to ISP.

Any idea?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!