What's new

Internet plan in US?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Budgeter

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, how is the Internet price in US supposed to be?

My friend's plan is by Xfinity, around $60-80 per month for approximately 90-100Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload, cable connection. He isn't tech-savvy so he isn't sure about the detail of his Internet plan, so I don't have much information about it. I think he went with whatever the customer service suggested.

I assume it is an internet only plan, no data cap. Personally, just looking over the price on Google, the price seems to be abnormal, so I would want some information to give him suggestion in case it's necessary.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, how is the Internet price in US supposed to be?

My friend's plan is by Xfinity, around $60-80 per month for approximately 90-100Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload, cable connection. He isn't tech-savvy so he isn't sure about the detail of his Internet plan, so I don't have much information about it. I think he went with whatever the customer service suggested.

I assume it is an internet only plan, no data cap. Personally, just looking over the price on Google, the price seems to be abnormal, so I would want some information to give him suggestion in case it's necessary.

Thank you.
Prices and plans are all different for every location and provider.

One may have xifnifiy 100mbps for $80 there. But someone in the state next to them may be $50

But yes that sounds pricy though. Just call up and get put on a new updated plan with a new speed or price.

I pay $86 for gig cable internet. It all depends on the area.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Spectrum in Orlando is 70/month for 100mbps. 90/month if you want to upgrade to a 400mbps tier.

Certain areas a zip code over from me offer ATT 1gig fiber for around 60/month without contract. Just depends on your area.

I know Fios in west new york only cost 40/month for 200mbps

Thanks for the response, it's great to know.

Now let say I limit the area down to Washington state, does anyone know the average price there? Or is it impossible to know unless the exact address is provided (which I obviously won't do because it's his personal information).

Many providers will have you enter a zip code to determine availability and price. I have CenturyLink fios 100/100 and they are better than the local cable providers

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!