What's new

Internet status texting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShawnTRD

Regular Contributor
We loss internet from our isp a lot. So then I have to switch off my phone wifi to get my cell service. Anyway to get a text when my router has service again?

I don't know if you're using stock Asus firmware or Merlin firmware. But I'm using Merlin so I can use ssh etc, for me I just use healthchecks.io . It uses cron on my router to report to that server and I can get a notification if the internet is down or up using telegram. It supports email, WhatsApp, discord etc but I only set it to send me a message on telegram. But idk if it supports text though since that probably costs

Well my isp is going down way too much too. I have dual WAN so it fails over to a LTE hotspot and sends an email. I added the email to text as a CC with the address format 1112223456@vtec.com and it works but the email is too long for translation to text sms. I just want to send a short one liner like “WAN failed over to backup” but I can’t get it to work using that address as TO: and
—mail-rcpt 1112223456@vtec.com I get a message “curl weird response (8)”. I suspect it’s the limited header I’m trying to use without subject and date. Are they required?

Solved...company has a new email to text domain, but the old one is still in place (and working under certain conditions, apparently). Created a short script that notifies via text only.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!