What's new

ASUS CT8 Problems staying connected to the UI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kirbyschapman

New Around Here
I have an ASUS mesh system with 2 nodes (both are CT8s). It has worked wonderfully for a few years. We moved and now have AT&T fiber. That means we have to use the AT&T BGW as a gateway. I put that in passthrough mode and connected one of the routers to the BGW gateway. The other router is in an office. They work mostly okay, except when I try to login into the interface. Sometimes I can get through to the interface and other times I get a partial screen, where the "system status" panel says the router refused my connection. I refresh and try again - sometimes 4 or 5 times until I get to the UI screen. I'm getting there by going to router.asus.com or 192.168.2.1. When I do finally get to the screen, everything shows up (all the connected devices) and the internet status shows the public IP that is to the AT&T gateway (I believe it should do this).

Any thoughts on why the UI refuses to connect at times (and somewhat frequently)? I get the same results from my desktop (hardwired to the mesh router), a laptop connected to the ASUS wifi, and my phone connected to the asus wifi. The gateway wifi is disabled.

EDIT: In the process of setting everything up at our new house, I upgraded the firmware on both routers to the latest - probably shouldn't have done that...

Welcome to the forums @kirbyschapman.

Depending on which version you upgraded them from, you may need to do a full reset on them.

First, try rebooting the device you're accessing the router from. And/or, flush the cache on the browser you're using.