What's new

Internet Traffic Widget

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KJThaDon

New Around Here
Is there a way to grab the Internet Traffic statistics and put them in a widget of some sort on Windows?

Want to monitor my network bandwidth throughout all devices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 82
You need to run something other than a consumer router to see those stats, without also affecting the stats or the performance of the router too.

You could just open the status page in a separate window, change page zoom level to what you want and move it where you want on your desktop.
Not as cool as a real widget but here's the bottom right corner of my PC:

Capture.JPG

Depending on what model Asus you're running, you might be able to flash an alternate firmware that allows for a bit deeper level of bandwidth reporting, such as FreshTomato or OpenWRT.

If you want more detailed reporting akin to a UTM/NGFW type device, I'd suggest setting up a small x86 box such as a Qotom appliance (example) and installing Untangle on it, which will give you by far the most granular reporting capabilities. You could then re-purpose your Asus as just a wireless access point by resetting it and running it in "AP" mode only.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!